1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Home Theatre in my Linea

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by KayGeeFIAT, Sep 10, 2012.

1. KayGeeFIAT

KayGeeFIAT

Chennai
    Hi Audiophiles-

Need some advice on getting my Linea outfitted with a Home theatre system - 5.1 Surround sound ..
    Its already got 4 Aftermarket speakers and a Sub-woofer, but I want to go the full route.

I need help from you for the following:

1. Head Units : 5.1 surround capable Head Units - 1-DIN only - there are such units e.g JVC KD-AVX77 - with 5.1 output- can you suggest alternatives? BT / USB inputs are a MUST have. (No flip up screens please! -I'm not particular to have a multi-media (read Video) capable unit.

2. Centre Speaker - recommended speaker and Location of speaker.

I tried and searched this forum (and others) but did not get sufficient info on this.
    As I mentioned since I already have 4.1 fitted out with an aftermarket HU - I'm looking for a 5.1 HeadUnit and a centre speaker only.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Home theatre or car theatre? :)

I advice you to directly head to Power zone, Royapettah and discuss your requirement with Mr. Saravana there. He is the best person.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I'm confused, you don't want multimedia but want 5.1sound. Music is always good in 2.1 and is not something for a home theatre system. It's the same reason I've just the front components and sub.
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    i can understand a 5.1 sound system in Limousine where one can watch movies on LCD/LED's but in small car, i dont see any good hope. Having said that I have seen Bose V30 Home theater system been integrated in SX4, there was nothing special or great about it. Woffers were not upto the mark, sound clarity was good on jewel cube case speakers.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  5. KayGeeFIAT

KayGeeFIAT

Chennai
    Considering my daily commute - I would say my car has become my second home :D

Will check him out. Tx

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Listening is believing - Tho I've already got a mind blowing HU + Amp driven Sub / Front Compos and Rear Coax - 5.1 is 5.1. Just listening to stuff like Pink Floyd, Hotel California, Vivaldi's Four Seasons or the soundrack(s) from Star Wars series or 'Saving Private Ryan' in pure Dolby surround or DTS transports you to another world!

And your car is THE best envoirment for a Surroud Sound (a.k.a Home Theatre) experience as you are fixed in one spot and you have four defined corners and a place for a Sub and well insulated/sound proof enclosure.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

I certainly would'nt venture to watch movies while driving !! All I need is good Surround sound to keep me occupied. Re the SX4 - I don't want to say this, but it takes a good and knowledgeable installer to do a good job/fine tune the whole setup.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Hi old thread this one, yet any updates or luck on the same. :)