1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Home run in common man’s Maserati in Ferrari trim –aka PUNTO 90HP ER arrives in style

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by raj29, Nov 20, 2012.

1. raj29

raj29 Superiore

22K KMs update

My Dhanno has crossed the 20K KMs mark and now stands past 22200 KMs.

Experince so far
    The Good:

Everything seems to work just fine (touchwood)
    The ride is superb and response to throttle is amazing. By this i mean i can drive it sedately or spritedly and Dhanno responds with eagerness and ease.
    Engine and exhaust note at speeds above 120KMPH is music to ears.
    Lots of friends who got chance to drive with me are amazed to see the power/drive and ride comfort Dhanno offers :)

Not so good:
    The reverse parking mirror fixed over the inside rear view mirror rattles at lower speeds
    Minute rattle noise from one of the doors

FE figures: Have been getting above 17KMPL on highways depending on the drive style. Best so far being 27KMPL
    My City usage is minimal and from what i observed its between 13-15KMPL

5 people like this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    your ride exotica red is unique with white abarth stripes,steals the show.great going.

unfortunately punto fallls in hatchback segment :D which should have not been.
    My freind owining a ford figo regrets for his purchase.
    2 people like this.
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

The Abarth Stripes are not white but grey/silver.
    2 people like this.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    in third pic the front bumper vinyl extension made me feel white....
  5. raj29

raj29 Superiore

@Ganges, thank you for the compliments.
    Most people who look at the Abarth vinyls in pictures seem to have an illusion that its white color where as its actually silver. :)

Thnx for the quick correction @Kiran
    1 person likes this.
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Raj for your 22k milestone! A 90hp beast to tame, Blore - Hyd frequent trips, less of city driving! Man am jealous now :evil: :D
    1 person likes this.
  7. raj29

raj29 Superiore

IND Number Plates

Brought IND number plates and replaced the current set on Dhanno.

Costed INR 1100 and the IND number plates were made and given in 2 hours.
    Got them done while i was getting my ride pampered @ 3M (RMV extension)

Have used the number plate screws that my brother brought from UK to fit these IND number plates.

Special thanks to Mohankv for providing the details about these IND number plates :up

Now time for some pictures :)

8. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Today was an eventful/fun filled day.

The day started with me visiting 3M-HSR @ 9:30am for a wash and wax.
    Fellow TFI members nkrishnap and Mohankv were already there and it was nice catching up with them and spending some quality time.
    Also met other auto enthusiats and was nice to share thoughts and discuss about what we do best ;)
    It was nice to meet Siddhu (owner of the store). He was very firendly and professional at the same time and the job was very well done.
    Big shout out to Siddhu for taking care of my Dhanno.

After the 3M job headed home, had Lunch and then thought of getting the Wheel Allignment and Balancing done. This was as part of regular tyre maintance. My previous WA & B was 7K Kms before so it was right time to get it done again.
    Went to Madhus (Langford Road) @ 3:30PM. This was my first visit to Madhus and i must say am very impressed with their work and customer interaction.
    The staff knew their job and they also explained about the equipement they are using and how it works, What different values mean etc.
    They also answer you queries and suggest what could best suit you for your help maintian the tyres better.
    Big clap for Madhus and would recommend for other for any Tyre/Alloy related job.

The WA&B costed INR 850 and job well done. They have also said that you can check and get back to them if you have any issues- professional job i must say. :clap

After the Madhus vist, on my way back went to FIAT cafe. I didnt have any plans to visit Fiat Cafe today but since it was on the way i went there and it was a good decission.
    Spent some good time and also chance to meet fellow TFI members.
    More about FIAT Cafe experience here http://www.teamfiat.co.in/team-fiat...e-rj-@-fiat-caffe-bangalore-5.html#post171306

Some Pics :)

@ Madhus

@FIAT Cafe

9. raj29

raj29 Superiore

1 Year, 22K Kms and countless smiles

A small update, rather should i say milestone

My Dhanno celebrates its first Birthday today :clapping

All is well with Dhanno and it had always brought more smiles to me :dancing
    2 people like this.
  10. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Vecto SC visit

Another eventful and funfilled day it was @ 18th May'2013 :)

Had taken an appointment for Running Repairs of Dhanno @ Vecto for 18th May'2013.
    Reached there @ 9AM as per scheduled appointment. Karthik was the SA to whom my ride was assigned.
    By the time i reached the SC it already had lots of vehicles inside and outside of the service area.
    I had complained about
    1. Rear Hatch door (boot door) piston making noise when ever opening and closing
    2. Some noise from the suspensions (both front and rear)
    3. Rattling of left fron door (heard it on my weekedn trip to Tirunelveli last week - it wasnt present before)
    4. Noise from the back seat/somewhere on the rear side in the cabin
    5. Reverse parking sensor display fixed on the inside RVM making rattling noise.

Karthik took the details prepared a job card and informed that the car will be handed over only in the evening as the entire suspension might need to be checked.
    When i requested for a look at the car earlier as it was running repairs he outrightly rejected sighting the number of vehicles for service also pending vehicles from the previous day.
    From the look of the number of the vehicles they are surely overloaded
    I infomred them that i will be waiting at the SC and to let me know when the work on my ride starts.
    after 2 hours i was called for a test drive to check the issues.
    Where the suspension noise couldnt be replicated and whatever noise i pointed out was said to be normal. Fellow TFIan MohanKV was also there to check his ride for the airbag failure message. He accompanied for the test drive and confirmed that the noise is normal.

They found issue with noise from the rear seat (not loking properly into location or not holding at position properly - vibrations causing some noise)
    They rectified this by correcting the location where the seat locks
    Reverse parking sensor mirror needs to be fixed at the accessory shop in prerana and cannot be done at the SC
    Rear hatch door piston was replaced under warranty
    Dorrs were oiled/greased

Was charged INR 112 for the job

The test drive after that felt silent aprt from the reverse parking sensor mirror
    The car was ready for me @ 3.30PM

Overall satisfied with response and the job from Vecto team

After this met fellow TFIans nkrihnap and imransheiks @ 3M HSR after taking delivery of the ride.

Pics from the service center

Last edited: May 19, 2013