1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Home run in common man’s Maserati in Ferrari trim –aka PUNTO 90HP ER arrives in style

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by raj29, Nov 20, 2012.

1. raj29

raj29 Superiore

TFI stickers

Hi Arnab, thank you for the comments.
    I had the roof blackening in mind, but didnt go with it finally as it will give a completely different look to the ride. I want to wait some more time before i go for some thing on the roof :).
    The stickering costed me 5.5 K.

I have put the TFI stickers on my ride

IMG_8367.jpg

IMG_8365.jpg

IMG_8360.jpg

IMG_8358.jpg

IMG_8355.jpg

IMG_8353.jpg

IMG_8352.jpg

IMG_8368.jpg

IMG_8336.jpg

IMG_8331.jpg

IMG_8330.jpg
    5 people like this.
  2. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    No offence, but the position of the 2 stickers "Be Responsible" on the bumper and "Its not a race ... Keep the space" above the front wheel arch, seems a bit out of place. They are not looking good IMO.
  3. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hey Kiran, nothing to get offended here :) thank you for the frank opinion.
  4. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Its been sometime i wrote something here.
    As always Dhanno is doing what it does best :) and am enjoying every bit of it by the day.
    My ride is raising quite an eyebrows now a days and everyone is keen on knowing the details about the ride etc.

My ODO is @ close to 18K Kms and we (Dhanno and me) are inseperable now :)

FE hovers most of the time around the 20KMPL mark on the highways and around 15KMPL in the city (very little usage in the city)

Go my wheel allignment and balancing done at Ashoka wheels in Hyderabad (ministers road) and it was good experience. The car had a slight left pulling which was sorted out after the allignment.
    I was also pointed out that one of the tyres (which was front right and now rear right) has worn out on the inside a bit more than the other tyres!!
    They have rotated the trye so that the worn out part now is on the outside.

Have driven 2K kms after the wheel allignment and the ride is all good.

Have put up ABARTH vinyls, which my younger brother brought for me from UK. Also he brought some more accessories which i would update at a latter time.
    He was like how much do you want to spend on car and was asking to get something for me instead of the car and all i brought was for my Dhanno :D

Since i didnt want to take a chance with the vinyl job, i went to a local stickering (car decor shop) guy (3M was not ready to do the job)
    But the experinece with this local car decor guy was horrible.
    Even when he started the job i was advising him that you should do the job in parts and dont peeloff the entire vinyl but he peeled off the entire vinyl and started sticking it to the ride (right side).
    Then it was not allingned properly and there were lot of air bubbles. So he started pulling the vinyl and it expanded.
    I got furious on this and asked him to stop the job and then finished the rest myself using some soap water and left from there.

Then the next day i used my younger brothers help and did the vinyl job as DIY at home. Also corrected the previous days vinyl job that the stickering guy did and the result was multifold better than what the guy did. Actually i woldn't compare the job at all. Not that it was a perfect job but it was a very good one for my first DIY :dance

Was not able to take good pictures. Some pictures from my S3

Let the comments flow as always

20130218_153733.jpg

20130218_153732.jpg

20130218_154136.jpg

20130218_154231.jpg

20130218_154242.jpg

20130218_154306.jpg

20130218_154314.jpg

20130218_154356.jpg

20130218_182930.jpg
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Your punto is looking really nice.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Sticker work on stop light is looking cool

- - - Merged Post - - -

Pardon my question as i am still reading your posts.Those in black colour is it sticker work or paint?
    1 person likes this.
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ raj, Your Dhanno is looking great :up My only suggestion is consider changing the TFI sticker which is on wheel arch. Its looking little odd to me!
    1 person likes this.
  8. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Sat, Thank you for the appreciation.

If you are talking about the ORVMs and the front bumber, running board etc. it is a vinyl (carbon fiber). I didnt use any paint as i wanted it to be flexible to remove when i want to :)

Thank you for the wonderful comments.
    Yeah even i feel that but, there is a scratch that i got from the gate lock hook (while parking) which i wanted to cover and hence the sticker.
    I have got compaint now and plan to remove the sticker and correct the scratch :)

There is a little badging job that i have done today. Didn't take any pics yet. Will post it soon as i take some :D
  9. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Mod Items

These are the goods that my younger brother brought from UK for my Dhanno :)

As you know, i have finished job with Body vinyls, Sunstripe, badging and need to do the remaining (not much actually).

Rear Stop Lamp (3rd/center mount) Vinyl

IMG_8780.jpg

Number Plate Screws

IMG_9144.jpg

IMG_9140.jpg

Side body Vinyls

IMG_8787.jpg

Windshield Sunstripe

IMG_8781.jpg

FIAT emergency kit

IMG_8744.jpg

IMG_8742.jpg

Abarth Key Ring

IMG_8762.jpg

FIAT seat belt covers

IMG_8774.jpg

SPORT chrome badge

IMG_8764.jpg

Abarth badges

IMG_8767.jpg

IMG_8776.jpg

Scorpion vinyls

IMG_8779.jpg

Abarth dust/tyre valve caps

IMG_9153.jpg

IMG_9152.jpg
    2 people like this.
  10. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Badging

Here are the pictuers after finishing the badging

Now just have to do the number plate screws and the dust valve caps and seat belt covers (waiting to get the car cleaned)

20130219_115502.jpg

IMG_9407.jpg

IMG_9401.jpg

IMG_9396.jpg

IMG_9392.jpg

IMG_9389.jpg

IMG_9386.jpg

IMG_9384.jpg

IMG_9383.jpg

IMG_9382.jpg

IMG_9381.jpg

IMG_9380.jpg