1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Home run in common man’s Maserati in Ferrari trim –aka PUNTO 90HP ER arrives in style

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by raj29, Nov 20, 2012.

1. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Yes Gurjinder it was a great trip. The mighty 90 performed excellently and especially the roads were curveous with mutiple small ghat sections (between Rangangaon till Jintur). Hitting these curves on the mighty 90 was funfilled drive to say the least. Never felt a need or lack of additonal power in any gear on any of these stretches :)
    My dad was with me in this trip but didn't give the wheel to him even for a single KM on the entire trip :evilsmile (my dad is a driver by profession - driving inter state/city Volvo buses).

Ganges, here you go

Aurangabad --> Sillod --> Ajanta --> Sillod --> Jalna --> Jintur --> Nanded --> Bodhan --> Nizamabad --> Dichpally --> Medchal --> Hyderabad/Kukatpally

Most of the strectch has good roads except for some parts between Sillod to somewhere before Nanded (the roads are not bad but had some rough patches here and there). The Nizamabad Hyd strech is a wonderful 6 lane highway and it was a breeze. The main concern was the 2 wheeler traffic (in MH) where they drive in the middle of the road. Good that most of this part was done in the night with less traffic.
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Very good trip there nicely coupled with Fiat Factory visit ::T

Yopur Red "Dhanno" looks smashing !!
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Second Free Service

Got my second service done @ KHT motors today and it was very good experiense from start to end. Every thing done to my satisfaction.

Have shared my service experiense about the service center @ Second Service experinse

Service bills

First free Service

FirstService_20121228_192456.jpg

Second free Service

2nd-Service1_20121228_192140.jpg

2nd-service2_20121228_192215.jpg

at KHT

20121228_121442.jpg

Cost of ownership

Service costs
    First service = INR 100
    Second service = INR 6366 (includes front grill replacement, costing INR. 262)

KMs travelled = 15348

Maintenance cost = INR 6466/15348 KMs = 0.42 per KM

After the second free service i have noticed that my Dhanno has become super smooth -- Gears, clutch, steering and even redused engine noise (not that it was hard before, but it feels even better now) :D
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Wishing everyone a VERY HAPPY, PROSPEROUS AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR 2013.

I have got some exterior modifications done (some small changes) to my Dhanno as a New Year gift.

Picture while Dhanno was being pampered and getting ready for the New Year gift :)

20121229_100301.jpg

20121229_140857.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Raj where are the pics man.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Hey Raj,

1. Which service center it is? Looks very neat and pro.
    2. What modifications done?
    3. Cost?
    4. Satisfaction on job done?
    5. Please add more pics.
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Dear Raj pics..pls
  8. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Kedar, Zen and Surya,
    Gyus really sorry to keep you waiting and guessing. All because of some office work (result of returning to work after 2 weeks and low staffing) and celebrations. May be also i am lazy to take that extra time to upload the pics :evilsmile
    I have a pending travellogue and this update to be written too !!

I will upload the pics and write the full details tomorrow or tonight.
    Some teaser pictures for now, i know its really cruel of me to do this :twisted:
    Your guess would be as good as mine for sure

IMG_8289.jpg

IMG_8295.jpg

IMG_8312.jpg
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  9. raj29

raj29 Superiore

CF Vinyl Mods

Let me start with a before and after picture

Before

Before-IMG_8285.jpg

After

After-IMG_8347.jpg

During my 2nd Free service i didnt get the car wash done because i had a schedule with 3M (RMV extension) for underbody anti corrosion inspection and also because i dont normally like the car wash done at the service centers.
    I had got 3M underbody anti corrosion treatment done when i purchased my ride and it has a inspection of the same every 6 months and this matched with the 2nd service interval (KMs ofcourse).
    I reached 3M RMV extension at 8:45AM (29th Dec'12) and i was the first customer that day :D. Even the 3M center was just getting started, they give appointments from 9AM onwards. This is the most spacious 3M center in Bangalore (of the 3 that i have visited) and very well maintained with good staff and good job quality. Muneer was the person at 3M who usually takes care of the jobs that need to be done and customer requirements etc. Amit is the owner of this 3M center.
    Muneer welcomed me and took the details of the jobs that i wanted to get done.
    I was there for a complete interior and exterior wash/cleaning and to get the underbody anti corrossion inspected.
    I also had in mind the Carbon Fiber (CF) vinyl job for some time for the ORVMs and other places on the car body.
    I also wanted them to help me remove the Emotion + 90 HP badge from the rear and move the removed 90HP badge to under the Punto badge on the rear.

The jobs done
    • Car interiro/exterior wash, cleaning & polishing
    • Underbody anti corrosion inspection
    • CF Vinyl job on the ORVMs, Front bumper lower lip, Rear bumber lower lip and both side running board
    • Rear badging removal/change

I have taken the 3M yearly complete car maintenance package which consists of -- 3 times interior exterior wash/clean & polish + 6 times wash

CF Vinyl job costed me 5.5K (just the ORVMs CF Vinyl wrap costs INR 950)

All the jobs took around 10 Hours
    The Wash, clean, polish and underbody inspection job was top notch no complaints
    The CF Vinyl job was good but could have been little better, i say this because at some places (like corners and mouldings) the cutting of the Vinyl was not 100% accurate and there is scope for improvement in this area!!
    I have pointed these to the 3M guys and they have tried to do the vinyl job to my satisfaction and am happy with the final outcome.

There was little rain in the evening while returning from 3M and i was little irritated that after getting all the job done i had to take my Dhanno out in the rain :evilsmile
    I had to wash Dhanno again the next morning, the below pictures are taken just before the wash.

Finally let the pictures take the show forward and let your wonderful comments flow :-D

Front1-IMG_8317.jpg

Front-IMG_8318.jpg

IMG_8322.jpg

IMG_8343.jpg

Rear-IMG_8313.jpg

Side-IMG_8315.jpg
  10. The front doesnt look too good IMHO.the rear looks fine.
    I was expecting you would be doing something on the roof.
    How much did it cost buddy?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2