1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Home run in common man’s Maserati in Ferrari trim –aka PUNTO 90HP ER arrives in style

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by raj29, Nov 20, 2012.

1. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Thank you Surya.
  2. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Impression till now and First Service

After living with the car for 6 months and travelling on all type of roads (on road and off road ::V) my impression about Punto
    • The love for the ride and quality of the car has gotten stronger
    • The build quality is solid - (would agree with the tank terminology) no doubt
    • The increase in ground clearance is very helpful
    • The Vehicle responds to the slightest touch to the A pedal on the highways

However there are small areas where things could have been better from FIAT
    • The First and second gear could have been better - more power band or even power distribution. Especially useful in city drives.
    • The paint finish at some edges (like the one near the head lamp or onces near the the panel joints) could have been better. Its not evident but only visible on closer inspection.
    • Some plastics, especially near the steering rack could have been better quality and better alligned

That said, am not complaining and these are very small concerns which are evident only on close observation.
    And yes am happy with my ride and enjoying it to the fullest.

First Service:
    Got the first service done @ Prerana motors SC, Kudlu gate
    I didnt have any specific complaints that need to be addressed and it was just a normal service that had to be done as per the service schedule
    The service advisor was friendly and ansered my queries that had put across. Overall was a satisfactory visit to the SC

Took Dhanno, the very next day after delivery to 3M car care in RMV extension and had the following done
    • 3M Anti-Corrosion Treatment for Underbody (5 Year Warranty)
    • 3M Paint Sealant
    • Paint Protection film (on bonnet, door edges and under the door open latches)
    • Sunfilm (CR-70, all round) -- the Sunfilm verdict from Supreme court was just a day before but i didnt know, came to know about it after a weeks time

Adding more pics of Dhanno :)

IMG_4566.jpg

IMG_6895.jpg

IMG_6898.jpg

IMG_6920.jpg

IMG_6930.jpg

IMG_6933.jpg

IMG_6934.jpg

IMG_6938.jpg

IMG_6946.jpg

IMG_6886.jpg

IMG_6884.jpg

IMG_4560.jpg

IMG_4557.jpg

IMG_4556.jpg

IMG_5559.jpg

IMG_5562.jpg

IMG_5572.jpg

IMG_5575.jpg

IMG_6857.jpg

IMG_6955.jpg

3. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    She looks stunning.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    That's a gorgeous car! Congrats raj!
    You've pretty much added all the accessories I can think of!
    The fifth alloy is a good idea! I also thought of that when i took delivery of my Sport.
    But sadly mine came with a 14" spare. So didn't want to spend extra for the tyre as well.
    Happy mile munching! :)
  5. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Thank you Auto Freak :-D
    I really dont understand the point in FIAT providing a 14" spare. Even if it is 15" steel (as was in my case) i can understand!!
    But if someone has to use the 14" spare will this difference in size not matter with the ride (it should)?? what is the point FIAT is making with this move!!
  6. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    Even though its a 14", the 165/80R14 almost matches the rolling radius of 195/60R15, because of it being a higher profile tyre.
    The calculator at tyre bibles page says that the 14" has a rolling radius of 1868mm against the 1854mm of the 15" tyre.
    So I guess it isn't much of a problem for the spare to be used strictly for emergencies.
    However we would be forced to stick on to only 4-wheel rotation and keep the 14" always as spare :)

But its really sad to see FIAT going the cost-cutting way in a glaringly obvious way.
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    For some reason, below pic looks funny coz it looks like a Rhino with a horn ;)
    34415d1353753076-home-run-common-man%u002592s-maserati-ferrari-trim-%96aka-punto-90hp-er-arrives.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
    3 people like this.
  8. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Fiat Factory Visit and further on

Coupled with the FIAT factory trip i continued to visit some other places.

Bangalore (ITPL) (home) --> Pune --> Ranjangaon (FIAT Factory) --> Shirdi --> Grishneshwara temple --> Ellora caves --> Daulatabad --> Aurangabad --> Ajanta caves --> Hyderbad (home) --> Bangalore (ITPL) (home)

Some statistics from the trip
    Number of Days : 9 -- Started on 13th Dec'12 and back to Bangalore on 21st Dec'12 (includes halt @ Hyd from 17th Dec to 20th Dec'12)
    Distance covered : 2652 KMs
    Overall Mileage : 19.2 KMPL (as per MID)

Will write more about this travel in the travellouge section in a new thread.

Factory Visit.jpg

20121221_163444.jpg

20121221_163449.jpg

20121221_163456.jpg

20121221_163502.jpg

I have booked for second service @ KHT on 28th Dec'12.
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
    2 people like this.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Must've been a great trip. :)

How was the experience for these 2500+ km's on the Mighty 90
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    raj,
    can you please elaborate on this route which route u took exactly is it via osmanabd,tuljapur ?