1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Home Appliance Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by ghodlur, Nov 13, 2013.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Called up Bajaj Customer care and they confirmed the receipt of the credit, they also provided me with the order no. Now the wait for the delivery starts.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    TFIians

Intending to buy a geyser 3L capacity for bathroom and zeroed in on Racold, Cromption Greaves & Bajaj in the range of 3-4K. How's Racold Pronto?

Dont need for storage one, but instant hot water purpose? Any better suggestions.
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I am using Venus since last 3+ years without problem. I bought without any thought but its working fine.
  4. thyagu2_2006

thyagu2_2006

Chennai
    there is an Indian brand named Fortune. Fortune Product Range. I am using this with my Indesit Dishwasher with good result. The price is 30% of Calgonit/ Finish brands. You call them, transfer the money and they courier it. I buy my yearly supplies from them.
    Thyagarajan

- - - Merged Post - - -

there is an Indian brand named Fortune. Fortune Product Range. I am using this with my Indesit Dishwasher with good result. The price is 30% of Calgonit/ Finish brands. You call them, transfer the money and they courier it. I buy my yearly supplies from them.
    Thyagarajan
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I am using Bajaj 1 L running water geyser for last few months. its pretty ok. 3L would be slightly better i guess. Racold from what i have heard makes better geysers but it should be little more expensive compared to bajaj.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Girish, what about gas based geysers? They are very efficient and cost very less. Initial cost of install recovers within no time.

If you want electrical instant water heater look for a company called Heatron (hard to find but very durable and long lasting and very good heating), or another alternative is Sphere-hot if Heatron is not available. Buy auto-cut off, auto-reset, but stay away from models with manual reset switch. Preferably buy one with SS body.
  7. anoop

anoop Superiore

Try AO smith - they make some good water heaters and price wise, there is not much difference.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Shams, Anoop, Aseem, Abhishek

Thanks for the suggestions. Gas based geyser was on my mind since I do have MGL PNG connection, but getting a gas geyser from them is PIA. Too snooty guys who dont answer your queries correctly. No point in dealing with such people.

Amongst the geysers which I had a look, Racold seems to be the wise choice. Cost is at par with other brands. AO Smith is the most expensive amongst the lot. Will confirm on the decision.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes Girish you are right, they are contractors who we have to deal with and also they try their level best to quote anything insane based on their whims for installation. Try to find a solution because it will be totally worth it to have a Gas Geyser. Very substantial savings in electrical bills.
  10. krismask

krismask Amatore

Chennai
    ghodlur, I have used Racold, Venus and Bajaj in my house an all of them are instant water heaters. I found venus is best and reliable and has not given any troubles for four years now. Bajaj worked great for three years and the heating efficiency slightly reduced post three years usage. Racold, though the unit working fine for last three years, the led's indicating heating/cut off gone kaput.