1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Home Appliance Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by ghodlur, Nov 13, 2013.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Mods - There was no specific thread to dicuss the home appliance, hence starting one. In case thread exists please merge.

I am looking out for a new Food processor (thanks to a 5K gift card courtsey Company, I can chip a few additional thousands too). Tried searching online and found most of the branded processors in the 5-9K range. The basic requirements are 1) Mixer/Grinder 2) Atta kneading 3)Slicing/Chopping/dicing veggies 4) Citrus Juicer etc. The food processors do seem to come with lot of attachements, hence more confusion which to choose. The popular ones are Bajaj FX-10, Philips HL1659/HR7625 , Inalsa Maxie DX etc.

Should I also be looking at Morphy Richards, Prestige, Glen, Kenstar, Maharaja, Cromptin Greaves brands too. Too confused, need expert advice.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Do we still get Braun K700 in India? Unbeatable on quality aspect. We have one at home and it's been working perfectly since 6+ years now.
  3. Braun !! good product but don't get spares or service.Mine had broken jar , had to get panosonic to replace it.
  4. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

We have been using our Kenstar since 2004. Once The plastic rotor was changed. 150/- bucks that's all.
    Using almost everyday. One jar handle has come out now , need to replace, motor no issues till date.
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  5. pandemd

pandemd Novizio

Hi all,
    We are daily using Bajaj FX-10 food factory from Mar-2006, since then not a single problem we have faced. I bought it at around 4000 Rs. that time.
    Bajaj has very good service network here at Pune, don't know about other places and as per sales person from where we have bought; bajaj spares are readily available and comparatively cheaper than others.

Milind Pande
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

After going through various online reviews and advice from friends and colleagues I have decided to opt for Bajaj FX-10 food processor. I can either buy from Amazon which offers the lowest price or from Bajaj Electricals online shopping. Now one question - buying from Amazon, would Bajaj honour the 5 yr warranty on motor + 2 yrs normal warranty on machine? There is a difference of 500/- between the two quotes.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Amazon Marketplace

For warranty information contact their seller. Note that Amazon is a marketplace that facilitates sales for other dealers and resellers. If the dealer does not honour his agreement you can also ask Amazon what they have in place to replace DOA items.

Superdeals999 is the reseller I found in this case. Register on Amazon and ask the dealer about warranty and replacement. I suppose if you have dealer stamp on warranty card then Bajaj will offer service/replacement 100%. That's the way it works for almost every brand.

Amazon.in At a Glance: SuperDeals999
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. Folks,

I recently brought Siemens dishwasher,happy with the performence.
    Question is dishwasher cleaning detergent kit is Rs 800/- (Finnish brand), is there cheaper alternative to Finnish?
  9. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi Sat, how much did the Dish washer cost and how much water and electricity it consumes with one wash cycle..
  10. 36000 is the cost, it has multiple programs as of now we are using Eco program. it is said take about 2 units per wash cycle.
    More the temperature set it takes more power.Water consumptions is 14-19 ltr depending on program.
    One thisng to note is , it is able to clean Soiled frying pans much better than hand cleaning.