1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Holiday Suggestion

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by N Kiran, Dec 16, 2013.

1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Dear All,

Me and couple of our members from Hyderabad, were mulling about a holiday trip for the past 1 month and have kept post-poning the same due to some or the other personal commitments. Now we are all set to take a much needed break from our routine, busy lives. The dates have been zeroed-in to be from 25th - 29th December (4-5 days). Now the actual dilema which we are in, is to decide on a location where we would enjoy the drive, stay and food. From the many trips and travelogues available on our very own forum, we currently have 4 options (and growing) as of today.

1. Hampi
    2. Gokarna
    3. Pondy
    4. Goa

Our requirements are:

A long enjoyable drive, with decent roads for a distance not crossing 1000 kms (one-way).
    Availability of good accomodation and food.
    Attractions in and around the location we finalise.
    Lesser the crowd, the better.
    A little bit of adventure (not with Fiat, but ourselves)
    A big smile and lots of experience to cherish after we come back.

I request you all to shed some light on the above mentioned places, which would come closest to our requirements, based on your experiences.
    Any other place which mostly satisfiy our requirements would be of great help.

Thanks in advance.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    1. Hampi - This alone will require 4 days to see completely

2. Gokarna - Good choice. You can also club Murdeshwar and possibly go scuba diving as well :D

3. Pondy - Next best choice.

4. Goa - Best avoided at this time of the year, unless unruly drunk / drugged crowds are what you are looking for

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kiran,
    Hyd-Kurnool-Srisailam-Hampi.4Days. Or Hyd-Kurnoo-Gooty-Guntakal-Bellary-Hospet-Hampi will be nice drive.

Goa 4Days Bomb to pocket.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Have not been to Hampi so can't comment on it. Amongst rest of the three locations, my choice would be gokarna.
    Avoid goa unless partying is your main objective and you dont mind spending a lot ;)

gokarna and pondy are places to relax.

in gokarna, i would suggest to try and stay on one of the beaches

There are five beaches in gokarna:
    gokarna beach
    om beach
    kudle beach
    paradise beach
    half moon beach

The last two can be reached either by boat or 20-40 mins trek from om beach. om beach is where car can go.
    kudle beach requires 10 min trek to reach from car parking place. gokarna beach is next to the town and is too crowded.

The beaches which are accessible with some difficulty i.e., trek/boat are the ones which are most enjoyable.
    My pick in gokarna would be an accomodation at kudle beach or om beach in that order. to stay at paradise or half moon, you might not find a safe parking place to leave your car parked overnight.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Kiran, I have cancelled Pondy-Rameswaram trip due to non-availability.

1. I went to Hampi (4 days is sufficient in Hampi only, we can include Badami too in plan). I am ready for next Hampi trip :).
    2. Gokarna will be next choice.

Cancel Pondy & Goa ( as other friends suggested) for this time.

I have a Trip planning to Pondy-Rameswaram-Kanyakumari next year ( as this cancelled Now). Plan your leave in advance for this long trip next year :).

I went to Hampi by this road only :). Good road & scenic.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    If you are keen on Pondy, I might be able to help with accommodation. Let me know :D

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  7. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    After much deliberation and a lot of confusion, we have finally decided to holiday at Gokarna. Leaving in about 30mins. Thanks everyone for your valuable suggestions.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @shams any suggestion/recommendation on resort/hotel at kudle beach or om beach?
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    There are many cottage type places on both beaches but they are pretty basic. Namaste cafe is the best cottage type accomodation on Om beach. It is also pretty basic but you will get ac rooms also there. Location of namaste is very good as car can go till there. If u stay on kudle then u have to park and trek for 5 mins to reach any cottage.

Theres a five star hotel also at om beach if you want to spend more ;)
    Ravi likes this.