1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hit a dog on Bangalore Tumkur Highway

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by shankspatel, Aug 11, 2014.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Shankspatel, I will say again here there is a good probability there is no extensive damage to engine. Unless the engine is running on high revs for a long highway run putting extensive load and coolant around the engine when totally drained. I believe diesels take some more abuse for engine to seize or develop trouble. SA will suggest this to be on safer side. He is trained to do so, to avoid future problems with customer. (like prior counseling). However fix radiator and fan asap, or tow the vehicle for repairs if radiator and fan is badly damaged. A leaking radiator and full damaged radiator is different.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Is the insurance possible in your case? Are you planning to claim?
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    No crash sensors take inputs from multiple variants. So never will it interfere with bullguard installation, it is just addition for frontal impact absorption. They do collapse in most cases and absorb quite some impact before damage reaches internals.

- - - Merged Post - - -

I wish he died rather than being impaired permanently at hip etc..which is often the case for those that live..:sad1
    1 person likes this.
  4. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes i think so, i have already intimated the Tataaig guys and my car is waiting at vecto for survey from them.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Asimpleson,
    Amen to that bro. Hope it gives up than suffering for life :sadblue Poor soul, RIP. Life and time and this world is cruel for animals.

@shankspatel,
    Hmm... Good to know that. Hope they give you full benefits than claiming its not an "accident" so some half n half crap story.
    1 person likes this.
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I was expecting a click of the coolant tank. Are you sure the coolant had leaked? If so, you could not have driven the car so far without an engine seizure.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    That raises some more questions; not clear how much kms were traveled at what speeds. If all coolant was lost at impact, if fan had stopped working immediately or after coolant spilled over in the bay due to overheating or radiator pipe burst. To re-iterate a prior point, caution must now be taken like towing and filling coolant even on a leaking radiator and getting the leak fixed first, if fixable by m-seal and immediately sent to workshop for replacing damaged items.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    How is the coolant leakage anywhere related to the engine damage? Is the coolant circulated inside the engine to cause any damage in case of loss? I am at loss of words for the workshop analysis. The coolant is used for the AC system and is circulated inside the radiator, so any hit the to radiator and the coolant loss is imminent.

I am unable to guage the damage to the radiator nor the fans, nor the bumper from the pics posted. Shanks - pls post the pics where the damage is visible.

I am not a fanboy of the bull guard. I feel it actually adds another component to the crash impact. Have read in many forums that the air bags didnt deploy since the crash sensors were covered by the bull guard. A bull bar will prevent the natural crumple zones of the vehicle from performing as designed and will transmit impact directly to the point on the chassis where they are mounted – causing more damage than actually protecting occupants. Bull bars, especially the full steel ones, add a significant amount of frontal weight to the vehicle, which can alter the handling and fuel economy drastically of the vehicle.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    @Ghodlur, coolant is circulated inside engine also and an empty coolant tank can cause engine damage certainly.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore