1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hit a dog on Bangalore Tumkur Highway

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by shankspatel, Aug 11, 2014.

1. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hey guys,

while going from Tumkur to Bangalore last Saturday, somewhere near Dabbaspet, out of nowhere a dog came in front of my car, I was not able to stop the car on time and hit the dog. checked the car after i reached myhome and noticed that the bumper was damaged, I took it immediately to Vecto Mysore road service center, they are saying that the Bumper,Radiator,Radiator fan and inter cooler is damaged and gave a quote of around 39K. on top of that they are saying that i have driven the car without Coolant and the engine might have been damaged.but I didn't receive any message of low coolant or engine getting heated. please find the snaps of the car and estimate below. please suggest me whether they have quoted the right price.

Shashank
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
    suresh.gottim likes this.
  2. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    CAM00401.jpg CAM00404.jpg CAM00405.jpg CAM00406.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

IMG-20140811-WA0011.jpg IMG-20140811-WA0014.jpg
  3. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Sorry this might be a little OT , I was in a same situation a few years ago. I hit a dog who came suddenly in front of my Chevrolet Spark while I was on the highway and with some decent speed. The same parts were damaged and the car had to be towed to the Service Center . I thanked God that we (me , wife and dad) were safe but at the same time I realized that it would have been good if I had a stronger car like the Punto.
    But looking at your post , I am pretty shocked that the hit did the same amount of damage to a Punto :(

BTW, I did change the entire front bumber the damages were about 20K if I remember correctly.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Sorry if I sound insensitive to the car, howz the dog, any idea..? :-|

- - - Merged Post - - -

Shankspatel, best thing would be to take quote from private garage. There is no reason engine should have extensive damage immediately. Do top-up with water along the way and get the car checked by some good garage/mechanic first, pay him for inspection and quote if need be.
    1 person likes this.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Again apologize if it sounds insensitive to you or to any one, i wish the dog is alive and healthy after this incident, but the way the damage has happened to the car i guess things could have turned out grey for the poor soul. :(

Having said that, sorry to see the damage on your car. As stated above, even our Imran here have gone through the same state and broken lower grills and stuffs. Perhaps you could search this threads.
    Did you observed the coolant level before going for the long drive? Or did you happen to observe it earlier? Besides how much less the coolant level is?

The best thing you could do is to get the quote from outside as well. But make sure the warranty may not go void if done outside. After this fix, top up the coolant and see if the engine works well. Also get things checked if there is a leakage from the coolant tank or in the hose.
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    My sympathies to the dog and my prayers that it was not hurt much.
    Regarding the damage to your car, exactly the same thing happened to my earlier swift, engine was damaged since the car proceeded after hitting the dog with a damaged radiator and drained coolant.
    I paid 34k even before 7 years.
    It is not a Fiat specific problem
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Does having a bull guard helps in this regards ::pP I see such on most of the swifts these days.
  8. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Was the damage repairable? What was the total bill?
    My car didn't show any problem, noise, vibration nothing, i observed the liquid which was leaking only after reaching the Sc, didn't observe any such thing when i first parked it in front of my home.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes depends on impact. But yes in most probability it will save in such impacts the radiator etc. atleast.
  10. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I think the dog survived alleast for the next few moments, i heard it squealing after few seconds, i was to shocked to care about that dog.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Wouldn't that mess with air bag sensor