1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

History repeats itself, a MJD Joins our family

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by sidd, Apr 7, 2014.

1. sidd

sidd Amatore

delhi
    This is gonna be a long post, so grab your popcorns sit back and enjoy the ride

Brief

Well this would probably the shortest and the fastest buy my dad has ever done. This comes from a family in which before even buying an electric shaver, me and my dad do all sorts of research that being on the internet or checking the thing out at the store/showroom. For instance our previous hunt for a car back in 2010 stretched the buying process from Jan 2010 to July 2010 before finally finalizing on VW POLO.

Story
    The punto replaced the indica which we bought in 2006 December and was long due for a replacement. Being driven in harsh road conditions and on CNG the car was asking for a replacement since 2012 but was pushed by my Grandfather who was using the car( he doesn’t like to change his car often). Came October 2013, my dad and granddad saw a Punto advertisement with a Rs 75000 discount and immediately inquired to me about the car :shock:.( by that time I was in complete love with Fiat thanks to forum member Kedar) and told them about all the positive points of the car with the price. They looked impressed by the car, in fact so impressed they even checked the car out in the showroom the next day without telling me. But the time flew and so does our buying decision. Then came December, they again saw the advertisement but with this time with a Rs 1,00,000 discount, we again made a trip( this time I was with them) they again checked the price and discounts and again the decision was put to hold because my granddad still didn’t wanted to sell the car the fact that we already had 4 cars and were living in a society could be a problem so it was decided that indica would first be sold off then a new car would be bought.in January we sold our 95 M800 and in mid-February a deal was also made for indica. On that day I got a call from my grandfather to look for a car as it was very urgent to buy a new car. On that evening we went for a family dinner and discussed which car to buy.(actually the discussion was only about punto :mrgreen:).
    My granddad had owned a 1100 and an Uno in the past, so he was very impressed the way Fiats were maid and was very happy about the standards fiat had maintained in terms of build quality and that same tank like feel punto gave just like the Uno used to give. The only concern now remained was the obvious FASS. But I assured them that Fiat is now improving in terms of their FASS and dealer network and attitude, something which was visible when we checked the car out at the dealer. The decision was made within 3 days that the car we were going to buy is a pearl white punto MJD. No other car was checked out, no research done on other cars even when I was telling them to do so.:dance

DSC_0767.jpg

Booking and Dealer experience
    The day was set on 23[SUP]rd[/SUP] February while I talked to Kedar if he had any idea about which dealer we should buy our car from, he directed me to paddleshifter for dealer info.
    I messaged him but he was a bit busy on that morning as he was organising the TFI meat on that day but he himself called me in the evening when we were going to the dealer( again) and gave me the right info and advised me to check multiple dealers before making a decision to the car. He first went to Thrust fiat (this was the dealer we went earlier two times in October and December too) we were offered coffee/tea and after that the SA was starting to explain the car to my DAD and me but we told him that we were here to book the car not to check it. We negotiated hard for some extra discounts and accessories. He gave us Rs85000 + mud flaps, door visors, sill plates, and mats and reverse parking censors. The deal was almost final and the SA even went to bring the booking form while I told my dad to check out the other dealership which was also not far from the place( we had two dealerships which were near our house) he first said no but then agreed to check the other dealership. We told the SA to hold it till the morning. One more thing, I was trying to convince my dad to buy the Dynamic variant if not emotion because of ABS but whenever I asked the SA about the Dynamic variant he just used to change the topic and when I asked him about it a bit more firmly and said that it is no use to put that extra money on dynamic variant and his actual quote was- sir koi phayeda nahi ha dynamic ma paisa dalna ka, itna paisa agar ap basic variant mein dalogein toh apki car top model ki ban jayegi aur sir ABS ka koi phayeda nahi ha, and I was like WTF?( sorry for that but I can’t control it:A). I wish I could debate with him on that but I chose not to do so. So next stop was Tuli Fiat, they had just opened up there new facility and was much bigger than the thrust fiat. As usual we were greeted very well and were asked for Tea or coffee. By the time we reached this dealership it was 6pm. There were few people checking the cars and the SA there also was trying to explain the car to us but we told him that we here to book the car. Again the negotiation started and my Dad straight forwardly told him that thrust motors was giving us these things what could you give to us so as to book the car from them? They offered us the Rs 85000 discount with the usual accessories free + he gave us extended warrantee and free painting of the ORWM and handles or wave the cost of them if we book the car of higher model. This whole procedure took us around 45 minutes. Now the decision was to buy the active or the dynamic. The price difference was of steep Rs 90000 because of some road tax structure which gets doubled if the ex-showroom price of the car reaches 6 lakhs. This time the dealer was not biased on any particular model and we finally made the decision to book a pearl White Punto MJD Dynamic 2014 model. The delivery was promised within 3 days and the car was said to be late January made. We booked the car by paying Rs 10000 as booking amount and opted there scheme of lower interest rate of 10.75% from SBI. We left the dealership around 7pm and we were the last to leave, almost all the staff was gone except the SA and there head who was himself dealing with us. This approval of loan took a good 14 days. We were really getting frustrated by now:sad1. The loan was finally approved by 6[SUP]th[/SUP] march and on the same day we told the SA that we will do the PDI on the next day (7[SUP]th[/SUP] march) and if the PDI would be successful we will take the delivery on the same day. We asked to make it on the morning but the SA said that it was bit late to get the car on that day (6th march) from the stockyard and can only be possible to get the car from the stockyard down to them on 7[SUP]th[/SUP] in the morning, the PDI was only possible in the afternoon, we agreed.

Delivery
    The next morning we called the SA and asked him for the time of the PDI, he said the car hadn’t yet reached and he will call us when the car will be ready. He called us in the afternoon that the car will be ready by 4pm. we went to the dealer at 4pm and could see a white punto being polished and went upstairs( they have their workshop and delivery area on the ground floor and their showroom on the first floor). We met the SA and were taken to the car for the PDI. The car was standing in such a way that the car was half exposed to direct sunlight and half to shadow. I immediately pulled out the PDI list I had downloaded from TFI and the first thing I did was to decode the VIN, while my dad was standing in front of the car(this portion was exposed to sunlight) with the SA while he noticed a slight dent and scratches on the bonnet, we immediately pointed that out to the SA and he called there workshop manager/delivery in charge and pointed that out to him, we left the car and went upstairs. Before going upstairs I noted down the VIN number of the car. There we were seated on the sofa and we were asked for tea/coffee. While my dad was sipping coffee I checked out the new linea which was just launched on 5[SUP]th[/SUP] march.
    DSC_0770.jpg DSC_0771.jpg DSC_0772.jpg

While our SA arrived me and my dad discussed what to do, I straight forwardly told him that they might try to pass this car to us by saying that they will change the whole bonnet but we will not accept this car. He first said if they change the bonnet we can get the car but upon my concerns of factory fit and finish he agreed. The SA arrived and told us the same thing that they will change the whole bonnet but my dad simply refused to take that car. He agreed at once and the next date of delivery fixed was 10[SUP]th[/SUP] march. We went back empty handed and disappointed. On the 10[SUP]th[/SUP] march, the time set for PDI was 12pm but we could only make it by 2pm, did the PDI, checked car thoroughly inside out. It was aided by their workshop manager/delivery in charge throughout the whole PDI till I didn’t gave a thumbs up, while I was doing the PDI he explained all functions of the car to my dad and granddad. The PDI was successful and went back upstairs for the paperwork while the car was polished and the accessories were fitted. Finally the paper work was done by 5:50pm and we were explained and given all the documents and a box of chocolates. The documents came in a very interesting purse like thing.
    DSC_0791.jpg DSC_0792.jpg

We were finally handed over the keys by 6pm all ready to make the streets more beautiful!

some pics
    DSC_0775.jpg DSC_0776.jpg DSC_0777.jpg DSC_0778.jpg DSC_0795.jpg DSC_0799.jpg

with her elder sister
    DSC_0801.jpg

getting her shoes upgraded to 185/70 R14
    DSC_0781.jpg

Special thanks to my Dad and granddad to understand me and believe in me, my family, kedarbendre (kedar), XLR8er (Rituraj) and paddleshifter (Yashik).

Thank you all to read this long long ownership review and sorry for the pic quality, they were taken from my crappy mobile
    10 people like this.
  2. XLR8er

XLR8er Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Really a good report mate.I hope you be able to drive your Punto soon :D
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. sidd

sidd Amatore

delhi
    thank you ritz, i really am waiting for that day:D
    1 person likes this.
  4. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Congrats Sidd on your new Punto.. And good report too :)
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats Sidd!!:)
  6. mnranjeeth

mnranjeeth Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Congrats on your new punto, Sidd! :)
    Please put up another report with more pictures! :-D
    1 person likes this.
  7. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats Sidd.
    1 person likes this.
  8. sriks84

sriks84 Amatore

Bangalore
    Congrats Sidd .. welcome to the experience of multijet :) I bet u will love it .. BNW Punto looks hot and sizzling ..
    1 person likes this.
  9. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    I own BNW Punto.....I am sure you will love it!
    1 person likes this.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Congratulation Sidd for new Punto and that too dynamic and I know how difficult it was to convince them to get this car. Take care of her and she will be more than happy to serve your family in future.

Do attend TFI Delhi meet as welll in your new Punto.
    2 people like this.