1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Highway monster - 90hp

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by driveit, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I have done 6 pune-mumbai-pune trips till now on my 90 hp and have attained the max speed of 170 km/hr (just once, to check). 150 km/hr is easy on 90 hp, but the push even on 5th gear is amazing.
  2. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    i think there should have been some feature on MID to record the highest speed. [just like in Apache RTR]
    It would have been fun posting the top speed :D
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    As we are on track of discussing the speed, for tire profile 195/65/15 and 205/65/15 the speed shown on ODO and on the android app for GPS speedometer shows the same.This app registers the Maximum top speed too .
    Wanted to check with the stock profile 195/60/15 tire profile.Have anyone checked it.
    View attachment 80963
  4. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    As far as attaining Top speed. I don't think the Punto GearBox is bad.
    Infact the Gearing is good with very tall gears 4 & 5. ( OverDrive Gears).

The only place it may be bad is 0-100. But I think the gearing is practical,
    Short 1st&2nd - for traffic crawling, Medium 3rd - for great 20kph - 70 kph roll-on, Long 4th and 5th - Better top speed.
    prabhjot, abhinav_nani and Deepak like this.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yes it is but XUV500 catches the speed in any gear like anything that is what I wanted to say. I never said Punto is slow or bad highway milecruncher.

Driving Punto since last 5 years so yes I am aware the advantages and disadvantages of the Punto GB.
    dadasaheb and Sujit508 like this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @driveit
    "The advantage of xuv or some bigger engine is only at startup, otherwise this"
    Exactly,speed above 100+ ,this little beast gives good chase.Lets see, how 1.6mjd will behave at startup.
    We already know(interms of fast) how 1.3mjd behaves at startup,test drive Swift,once above 80+ swift will show its signs.Isnt it ?
  7. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    When the imported 1.6mjd debuts in the Maruti SUV or Ciaz, I am sure it will be many tfians who land up for the test drives of those cars. I will be one for sure. Maruti may get a false enquiry number initially and may even plan a larger engine import forecast :))

Abdul
    Mabams1826, Raj_pol, Deepak and 2 others like this.
  8. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Check that video again...

AFAIK... It's touching 190 kmph & not 200 kmph as claimed... And when it shows 3500 rpm the car is back to 180 kmph, it means he would have started using brake pedal instead of gas pedal...

I am not saying that its not powerful car but you don't feel very safe and comfortable doing that speed in XUV it being tall and after all its SUV... While doing 170-180 kmph in punto you are more confident and comfortable and that could be one of the reason he must have let you go @ 170 kmph.

Cheers...

Neel
    driveit likes this.
  9. driveit

driveit Amatore

chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Neel you are right.

I could have pressed a little. But I am little scared once see the speed!. RPM is not at the red spot either, it means it will go further.

But let's not try on normal highways...