1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Highway monster - 90hp

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by driveit, Jun 28, 2015.

1. driveit

driveit Amatore

chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    my EVO 90hp done 15k within 6 months and completed 15k service.
    Today while coming on NH-45 had amazing experience which showed how powerful the little monster is. At one time it happened to be XUV in my right lane and I am already @sweet spot of 2800 rpm, so decided to take a chance as road is very clear.
    XUV man started pressing the pedal also I started the same time and mysurprise the white stallion picked up like anything and touched 130 quickly and then 150. XUV man is visible in my mirror and I could sense that he is also trying hard, so decided to go beyond 150 and you know it reached 170 and XUV is missing at least in 15 minutes...

What a car !!!!!!!!!
    Naughty and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  2. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    How was your stallion at 170? engine felt strained or not ? It surely shows Fiat's famous high speed stability. But mind you, XUV is capable of hitting 2 ton easily. There is a video in Youtube in which XUV is doing 200 kmph at just above 3.5 K rpm. It has got such a monster engine.
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    When 75Hp can spillover XUV at 130/140, then 90Hp can do wonders.The stress on tiny 1.3MjD is a lot, once in a while its good to have Adrenalin rush.
    Safety Firstâ„¢ Drive Safe.
    vigneshrace, Naughty and kgramesh like this.
  4. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    @Ganges - 13/140 ? :D I was talking about 200 kmph . Even 90hp can't get there. Actually there is no comparison between XUV and Punto 75hp/90hp. Totally different purposes and equally different machines. If you search the net, you can see a Merc chasing an XUV at 190+ kmph but couldn't catch it.( may be due to traffic). But as you said, it's ALWAYS SAFETY FIRST. Racing on public roads is needless to say almost equal to death penalty. Just wanted to mention the capabilities of a 'make in India' engine.
    Ganges likes this.
  5. driveit

driveit Amatore

chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I just maintained in the redline 170 only 2 minutes, it's in very long and completely fenced well maintained flyover. I was really curious to see Nvh at that speed and there is little more noise but it keeps the road tightly. Also I know xuv is capable but if punto is on the run then definitely I doubt xuv. The advantage of xuv or some bigger engine is only at startup, otherwise this. Little monster will take over everyone on the road I am sure.
    My regular speed is 90+ but at times I used to check the behaviour only when there is best opportunity.

I have heard from a mechanic that Mahindra's Nvh and stability is no where near to Italian beauty.
    kgramesh and Ganges like this.
  6. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Seriously??? That might be a Rally car. i found xuv is good till 150 Kmh. Mahindra Claims the Max speed is 185 Kmh
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  7. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    Not sure if it's a rally car or a rally driver ;). Incase of doubt, may check this video.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I am pretty sure XUV driver was not that aggressive. It is impossible to beat XUV on the roll by 1.3 MJD 90HP atleast on straight road.
    kgramesh likes this.
  9. driveit

driveit Amatore

chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    No XUV driver is very aggressive because i have seen the XUV in my mirror when i slow down little and then if I start pressing he also keeps pressing at some time he tried even very hard (i.e. almost side by side but then he decided to leave as i am crossing 170+).

After some time at traffic he pushed and moved away from me quickly (i was around 2000rpm, so I decided to leave.....)

I was amazed while checking RPM still lot of power remains...So don't know exact Max speed of this little monster.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Punto 90HP speed goes upto 180kmph but it takes sometime to reach to 180kmph from 160kmph. I have done it on my wolf remapped Punto 90HP.

Dont underestimate XUV500 it is 2179CC 140BHP @ 3750RPM & 330NM @ 2800RPM with excellent gear ratios whereas Punto 90HP is 1248cc 90 bhp @ 4000 RPM 209 Nm @ 2000 RPM with pathetic gearbox.

Remember being an SUV XUV500 has monocoque chassis with considerably light weight (for SUV).
    Naughty and dadasaheb like this.