1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

High time when central lock stopped working...

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by sageeshr, Feb 2, 2015.

1. sageeshr

sageeshr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sarjapur Road
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I have come across a severe problem in last weekend when away from home.Display in console started alarming right rear door is open where it was closed properly in looks. Later realized that I am in a bad situation and central locking not working by which doors can not be locked either using remote or manual.In fact I was left with no option to lock the car when costly valuables were inside. Skipped further programs which includes bank formalities and rushed to Vecto motors Singasandra,Bangalore.Thanks Mr.Shiva Kumar for attending me as soon as at the arrival,fixing it and delivering the car before estimated time.

I have listened as it was a problem with a part 'Rear Side Door Lock Motor-Lock Assembly RR' which got replaced and the problem got fixed.I am perfectly happy with resolution especially for the timely and cost free(Zero charges under warranty) support.

Even then it leaves a question in my mind when only a 10 months old car giving me such problem on road without any temporary solution(manual locking)leaving at the scene. What if I am in a very remote area with full of valuables loaded? Just imagine! There may be situations to leave the car alone and go far for any sort of support,what are the options left in such scenarios?

I can very well understand that it is all machines and can fail in any manner,but not sure whether I was mistaken in over estimating that such things cann't happen to a car this soon(10 months old).I wish, had I got an option to lock the car manually by turning the key at lock at driver door.

Friends,really sorry to ask you that, has anyone here experienced it with any car 'Fiat or Whichever' yet? If so what were the options you have got in such scenarios? Kindly share as I should be careful enough being a frequent traveler to north Kerala where it is mandatory to cross forests and reach.
  2. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    Hi

I had the same problem thrice. I have already posted it on another thread. I think this is an OEM issue. I have raised a complaint with FIAT and awaiting their response. What I did in my case was used the key to lock the Front Right door by trying to turn the key at least twice or thrice. If the doors are still unlocked go and individually lock the doors from inside. This worked for me. I had the same parts replaced as yours for the Right Front & Rear and Left Front door.
  3. sageeshr

sageeshr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sarjapur Road
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Locking from inside also did not work for me:(
  4. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    That is bad. It is good that the FASS got it replaced within your expected time. I know it is a pain. Hopefully it gets resolved for future cars
  5. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    As, I had mentioned in another thread it was the driver side door for me.It was during our trip to East coast of TN( thread yet to be completed). Lost xiomi Power bank because of the issue,bad luck.
  6. sageeshr

sageeshr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sarjapur Road
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Really shocked, how safe is to park the car even under roof in such situations(fully unlocked). I felt lucky enough to not to get in happen in late evening or on a service center holiday.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 2, 2015 ---
    I think we will have to seek for permanent fix to make sure manual locking possible in case of auto(central locking) failure.
  7. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    This does sound like a good idea!
  8. sageeshr

sageeshr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sarjapur Road
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Dhruv_Sappers: Could you please advice me on how have you lodged the complaint? Sent an email to Fiat? If so,to which ID? Or Any other option? Let me also do the same.I will try to highlight more on alternate option(manual) as a preventive measure to safeguard the car in such failures.
  9. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    I sent an email to service.india@fiat.com. I specifically told them that it is an OEM issue and not the service center's fault. It took me a lot of time explaining this to them on the phone (a call which you receive after the email)
  10. sageeshr

sageeshr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sarjapur Road
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks! Let me also try the same and post the updates here.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 2, 2015, Original Post Date: Feb 2, 2015 ---
    Me too sent it,let's wait and see.