1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

High Beam - Usage

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by Sambikap, Feb 23, 2012.

1. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    If the RTO have been doing their jobs, there would have been less than 25% of the drivers than there are now. Great expectations.
  2. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Italia-Linea, Fiat_fan,
    I'm not sure if you really do this or not. But when you drive with high beam (in order to retaliate the opposite side fool) think about a car or 2 wheeler who is coming behind you with lo-beam. If your vehicle is on hi-beam, the person coming from opposite side wouldn't be able to see the vehicle behind you. So, the opposite vehicle may be driving blindly into the vehicle behind you or who knows he may knock down some pedestrian trying to cross the road.

Better don't fight with hi-beams. After all we are Indians and have to follow non-violence :D

+1

+1 for suggesting not to use high beam. Apart from recommending powerful headlights, I'd recommend people to make sure that their head lamps are always clean to get the best visibility. How about switching off and on the headlights to make some of the opposite side maniacs understand.

Similarly if the Driving school trainers are teaching their customers, atleast few would realize as why the opposite person is dipping. Good if RTOs have this as a mandatory check before issuing license. Believe me those day are very far away. When I took up my DL test, RTO was sleeping (or probably trying to analyze my driving skill by closing his eyes) in the back seat of the car and was refreshed with a tender coconut by the driving school owner when all the tests got over.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    There are some peoples who are following us in night with High beams..... what can we do for it???
    There are 2 types of peoples, 1st which are in hurry to reach home will keep there beams high constantly as they need a pass (agreed). & 2nd type of they are not in hurry as well as they don't have to reach home early too then also they are keeping their beams high.

For those 2nd types of peoples how we have to tackle????

Any idea??? Suggestions are welcomed :)
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Are you aware that our cars are equipped with Anti-glare rear view mirrors? Tilt the position of the rear-view mirror and high beams would never ever bother you. I use it when ever I am followed by vehicles ranging from a normal bike to a huge truck with high beams on. On the hind side, you have to compromise a bit on the visibility aspect.
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I'm aware of the rear view mirror & using the same but these high beam are getting reflected from the Side View mirrors both side which are not having such things....
  6. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    1) I would use the anti-glare feature of IVRM and give way to him/her
    2) Put my hand out and try to signal him (don't ask me how - I'll use all sort of combination till he understands my intention) to switch to lo-beam
    1 person likes this.
  7. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Cant agree with both these types!
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Please tell us how????
  9. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    I think inside city limits, on a need basis you can use beams but keeping them on for ever is almost like pressing your horn incessantly!
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    In bumper to bumper traffic also???