1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

High Beam inside Bangalore city - Pay Penalty

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by Ravi, Jul 24, 2014.

1. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

C'mon.. I have seen increased number of mobile users, only after the penalty amounts are increased. Don't think the monetary penalty is working well. Also, BTP doesn't have the authority to cancel license. They advise the respective RTOs along with the violation committed. It's up to the RTOs to suspend the licenses. Who knows the statistics of how many RTOs actually responded. The change has to come from every individual, policing won't help much.
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  2. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

may be increase in fine amount will scare people in breaking the rules if we consider that increase in fine amount may increase in corruption this will not be true because 85% of drivers\people think that each and every time bribing police don't make any sense, instead they will follow the rule.
    for example if govt comes up with 10k as fine for any offence the police will surely ask 1K as bribe so people will become more active in following the rules in my opinion.
    As far as i know in Japan the fine amount is so huge that people never cross the limit and by the way they are using technology also to book the offenders.
    once i was travelling with my project manager in Japan he was waiting in the signal at 1.00 pm night when i asked him to get over the signal before turning to green(as nobody was there in the signal apart from us) he told that the GPS they are using in their cars have a service where it will send the messages to the particular area police station about signal jumping with all the details about car and time it has offended.
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014