1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hid

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Deepak R, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Is there any one fitted with HID's in place of fog lamps??? If yes please suggest.

:) Cheers :)
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yup a friend sports hid's in his fog lamps, and is impressed with the light buy just one issue the glass changes color to yellowish shade due to the excessive heat so he has changed it twice in two years

Harmony & chaos
  3. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    Nice idea ///
    @ phew paaji .. aren't HID cooler then halogens /? or is that like the guy fitted headlight HID into fog lamps and the fog lamp glass wasn't even able to hold the 55watts temp ??
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    He opted for the ones specifically made for fog lamps(philips), had a word with him yesterday only, but I guess they were of a higher wattage. one more thing has to b noted a hid needs airflow to keep cool unlike halogen, could be a reason for the plastic getting damaged. A chinesse hid is always hotter than normal halogen but a good quality one is cooler than halogen.

But normal halogens work great seen them on a fellow members punto(nkapoor777), think they are nb+.

OT : where can I get just the fog lamp frame into which the fog lamp is placed and wht is the diameter of the fog lamp 2.5"/3"

Harmony & chaos
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  5. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What could be the cost of a pair of HID's, i mean philips????
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    something around 8k maybe