1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

HID FOR Fiat Punto active

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Tarun, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    hi there guys !
    i want to install HID in my PUnto 1.3 MJD as the stock lights are not serving me well on highways at night time :firey
    MY quesiton is, does installing after market HID will void the warranty ?? :cry:
    i have to do a lot of night travelling, so i need those HID's .. plz help
  2. anandlnt

anandlnt

Mysore
    @tarun I do not think so as I have HIDs for lo-beams as well as fog lamps on my car. They do not cut any wires. HID kit comes with connectors which they plug in to the existing sockets. I feel as long as there is no tampering, it should not void the warranty.
  3. HID's might draw more current than stock which can affect other electrical components in car hence FIAT can void warranty.Get confirmation from FIAt before proceeding so you don't end up without warranty.
  4. amolmane

amolmane Guest

See my thread "Battery upgradation"

In owner's handbook, Fiat has mentioned to upgrade battery from 50 to 60 Ah.

So by upgrading it will not affect the Current consumption.
  5. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    yes you are right .. but i think tat HID's will be used in night time and specially when your car is moving ( engine ON ) so it should not effect tat much at all ::pP ..
    also can sumone plz suggest me a gud brand OF HID's /? cuz a frnd of mine is using a chinese company named eagle in hez swift and suggesting me the same ... :-?
  6. anandlnt

anandlnt

Mysore
    @Tarun It all depends on your budget buddy. There are lot of companies who make HID. Philips are good but on the expensive side. There is a company called Numak which is also good. I used this Numak for almost 1.5 years without any problem. After I changed my headlights, I had to change the HIDs too as the new lights had individual beams for lo and hi. Numak had lo and hi beam in one bulb and now I have fixed philips for lo beam and philips for Fog. Hi beam is left as it is with the bulbs changed to Osram nightbreaker plus.