1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

hi

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Deepak R, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    hi guys, my dealer tells me that he would give garware sunfilm free as a part of std acc's. Is it good or shd i purchase 3M's?
  2. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    if ur car spends a lot of time in the sun, buy 3m CR70 for the windshield atleast.
  3. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank q. What would be the cost of those CR70'z ????
  4. anoop

anoop Superiore

Garware is a VFM brand and by no means it is bad. I have garware on both of my cars, and they do the duty well.

Now, if you do not mind spending more, go for 3M.

what ever brand you may be going, look for the percentage of VLT (Visual light transmission) and IR&UV rejection, and go for the one which offers most IR & UV Rejection and TSER (total solar energy rejection)

Another parameter you need to look for is SGHC (Solar Heat Gain Coefficient)
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Yes Garware is a good brand. Just being an Indian brand doesn't mean that it is bad. I am sure all those who are using Garware are satisfied with it's effectiveness. Llumar, 3M & Vkool being well known international brand can be considered a class above Garware . If you are living in a place where the temp rises above 40 C maybe you can opt for these brands. Which ever brand you opt for check for warranty with the dealers. There are whole lot of duplicate stuff in the market.
  6. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Fine, i ll check out when i go for it. Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Thank q, i will chk out
  7. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Hi Deepak,
    Sorry for the delayed response. These were the quotes I had received (the information is 6 months old):
    Side & rear:
    sp 50 - 2000
    re 50 - 5200
    Wind-shield:
    sp 70- 2700
    re 70 - 4500
    cr 70 - 6000

My dealer gave me SP50 for side & rear as complimentary, without even asking me. As I was doing this research and deciding on the sunfilm, I realised that my car hardly spends any time parked in the sun. So, I decided to do nothing.
  8. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    10q buddy :)