1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hi

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Balaji Babu, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Hi
    This is Balaji from Chennai. First and foremost i have to say i am awestruck to see a dedicated forum for a product which is touted to have a not so good after sales service. Great job friends! I have to say this forum has installed confidence in me to check for FIAT even after hearing lot of -ves from different people. I am planning to get a diesel car by October end and so was gathering info about various cars. My budget is between 6lacs-7lacs. I am now planning to go for a test drive of FIAT punto(75 PS) this weekend in Concorde Motors, chennai. Had spoke to the SA mr. Rafi and got the details. Currently the discount is worth 37K and so getting a Punto Emotion is well within my budget. Now to the main section,
    1) I am as any other new FIAT buyer is carried away by the issues discussed online. Particularly in chennai, can any of the FIAT owners please let me know about the availability of spares,service and warranty claims. I am aware that I have to go to a TATA for service. But I heard from my colleagues who owned TATA that the one in the ECR is doing a fair job then the rest. Do they have the same treatment to FIAT?
    2) Is the ground clearance a major concern. From the specs i see that punto has the ground clearance similar to a FIGO. I travel a more in city and might do a highway travel once in 2 months(might be more once i get the car :p) . Can any of you please clear me on this aspect? I can understand I can make it clear myself during the test drive but still ambitious to know as i cannot wait for the next 2 days.
    3) While booking a new FIAT car(particularly in chennai) what all should i be looking into?
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  3. anoop

anoop Superiore

Welcome Balaji.

Please spent some more time in forum and search for posts - all these queries have been answered earlier :)

In a nutshell, the availability of spares is a mixed bag, the service is good - most of the time better than other brands.
    The GC is not much of an issue - I easily manage my Punto in Bangalore which is infamous for mini road blocks which are also called speed breakers.
    Please do a through PDI and check the VIN number for the month of manufacture before you sign on the dotted line.
  4. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Ground Clearance is not an issue. All it takes is proper speed and gear selection on breakers and bumps
  5. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Hello Balaji, welcome to TFI. I bought my Punto from Concorde Velachery and im servicing it in Concorde motors ECR. I would say the service levels has really improved. I have not been into the situation of spares availability for them. (i bought my beauty in March 2010). I dont think you need to go against buying a Punto for the sake of service unavailability. That world has considerably changed....

Also, i would suggest that you spend ample time to go through the forum which has answers to most of our questions before buying.
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    The Punto 90HP will be around 7.55 post discounts, So you shall look into that better than 75HP since you want to do lots of highway trips. This is coming from a 75HP owner who does frequent highway trips where the NVH is irritating post 130. 90 HP has better NVH, Better Top end and lesser turbo lag.

Avoid ECR Concorde for major works, They should be okay for small works. As far as spare parts is concerned you may find it either of the three vendors - VST & Tafe being the best. Service also VST & TAFE are best, Concorde best avoided.

Not a deal breaker, But the nose of Punto is a bit huge and loves to touch the craters often. There is nothing to worry and you've a solid engine guard sitting beneath the chassis protecting important components (Open the Honda Jazz or Honda City's bonnet - you will see the ground clearly). I used to scrape often during initial days, but now I've mastered the art of taking down the moon craters.

Look for the VIN number if it's recently manufactured and do a thorough PDI before paying the full amount. If you want better deals then do PM me.
  7. Thanks a lot to all. I will surely go for a TD and update this thread by early next week.
  8. I really wanted to go for a 90HP but my budget is strictly constrained to 7 lakhs max as i have other commitments to think. That being said, if the diwali season offer me a better discount then i think i can try to stretch for that 90HP. Anyways thanks for the detailed information
  9. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Hi Teky,

Thanks. I have been servicing in Concorde for a while, and from your comments, it looks to me that VST or TAFE is better than Concorde. can you let me know if they would take any kind of complaints - (not regular servicing) even if I had not bought the car from Concorde? can you pls PM me specific contact points who are good at FIAT servicing in VST or TAFE?

MODS, i know this post is different from the context of this thread, please move it to appropriate place, if required....
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011