1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hi to all proud fiat owners

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by rahul4wd, Jan 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rahul4wd

rahul4wd Timido

Mumbai
    Dear Fiat lovers,
    My love with fiat cars started with my Dad's 1967 1100D(NLK-1133) that was with the family for 34 years before my dad sold it as he had stopped driving. It will come as a surprise to quite a few to know that the car was bought and used in Kohima (Nagaland). Wow, what's a fiat doing in the hills? Yes, I agree it was not a hill climber but, still it was extensively used for our family trips to assam. Post my dad's retirement, we recolated to Kolkata in 1995. Me and Dad drove the car which was already 28 years old. It was during this drive I fell in love with it. My love till then was limited to Mahindra CJ4A (Petrol), the MM440 (Yes, the hurricane engine 4speed) and later the Gypsy MG410. All these vehicles were govenment provided to my dad at intervals. But, dad never let go of the Fiat even when maruti was rage and every one was zipping around in one.

I don't want to drag this post so I am cutting it short. When the time came for me to buy a car of my own in 2011, I went ahead and bought a Punto MJD (Active). My friends, relatives even neighbours were suprised on my choice of the car but, my Dad and Mom and thankfully my Wife stood by my descision. My budjet did not allow me to go for any other version but, a am satisfied with the active with its basic trim. Well, after two years of ownership of the T-wine in stock trim, 44K on the milometre, travelling accoss 5 states, I am still in love with the punto.

every time I drive it on the highways I feel the same exitement that I 1st felt while driving my Dad's 1100D from Kohima to Kolkata.

Am not much of a writer but will share a few travel experiences in the near future - As a teaser let me share that I have done - Indore - Mumbai - Gurgaon - Lucknow and numerous Mumbai - Bhopal trips with this car.

I am really happy to be on board TEAM FIAT and I thank the Morderators. I hope to meet a lot of like minded people like me.

Regards,

Rahul Mitra.
    3 people like this.
  2. ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com

ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com Amatore

Vadodara , Nashik
    Vadodara , Nashik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome Rahul to FIAT family and TFI brotherhood...
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Thats a great story and appreciate you love for FIAT.

Welcome to Team FIAT India. Please upload some photos of your Punto.
  4. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome on board rahul.

Yes, old age people really knows the value of fiat. It is also true that while driving the fiat excitement and love will never dies.
    1 person likes this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Rahul, Mitra welcome aboard..! If I dare say so, Punto Active is the most VFM diesel hatch in our country so you have gained more in a way at what you have spent for!
  6. rahul4wd

rahul4wd Timido

Mumbai
    Thanks a lot gentlemen for welcoming me. Will get to learn and share a lot about fiats from one and all.
  7. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Congrats and Welcome Rahul. Nevermind ,Active or Dynamic there is a lot of EMOTIONal touch in your narration.Keep going :)
    1 person likes this.
  8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats Rahul!! Welcome to the Forum..

Happy Riding!
  9. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi, Welcome to TFI family post few pics and experiences also.
  10. rahul4wd

rahul4wd Timido

Mumbai
    Dear all,

Wow, I am really happy to see so many of you have actually read my post ! Trust me I am pretty flattered. I am an intovert just like my Punto but love occacional positive nudges !!! Hey now I need to explain coz 99.99&% of you will not agree that punto is an intovert. Well, while driving around within the city me and my punto is never fast and rash. I drive at a controlled speed to save us from scratches and unwanted tensions from BEST , Autos , Political emblembed cars etc.
    But, put us on the Mumbai Nashik highway we turn into a mad team. I occasionally visit the outskirts as I am into Supplychain by profession. What I actually want to convey is that we do 150+ at some streaches and we chase Citys, accords, Civics, fortuners, Beemers, Mercs, and so on ! We don't always win but, the pleasure of putting heat on these performance machines with their drivers trying hard to out do this humble team is something I cherish.
    A lot of you will say hey, take it easy but, trust me I am 37 years old and every day I say to myself that I will not drive fast but then, the Gajani Syndrome hits me. Blame it on my Dad and not me please ! I have watched him pushing his 1100D at 100+ during his days. Its in the blood. And who better can be the partner to the crime other than my love...my punto.

I will post some pictures of my love this weekend. Till then please bear with me.
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.