1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hi to All Fiat'ers

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by VahanPujari, May 31, 2010.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Hi Fiat'ers ("Punters" & "Lineans") :mrgreen: ,

Many of you would know me from several Automobile forums.

I'm Amit (VP/VahanPujari), am Electronics Engineer-MBA, worked in Fortune 200 companies.

There are 2 cars I myself owned in last 6-7 years

- Ford Ikon (My 1st car)
    - Fiat Linea 1.4 Petrol Emotion Pack Flamenco Red

While in my family (Father/ Brother), the ownership of cars include Indica, Esteem & again Indica. My BIL has NHC- VTEC.

As you can see from my Car choices, I'm fond of dynamically superior cars i.e. Excellent Ride & Handling coupled with absolutely accurate & responsive HPS steering with oodles of feedback.

The Ikon was a darling for 5.5 years & I had thrown her into all kinds of terrains for 90,000 kms. She always came back trumps in whatever is the situation. Being my 1st car, I absolutely loved its great maneuverability (because of responsive HPS steering) & ease of driving be it within city or on highways. She was also absolutely trouble-free without any major or even minor part failure/ change except for Fuel Pump which bothered me in last year. That was also due to the fact that I ended up getting in a non-original Fuel Pump as the same was not available nearby where the car broke down twice. I had to sell it with a heavy heart though I kept it for 4-5 days after I got Linea delivered to me.

Ikon's superb dynamics was making my next car purchase decisioning difficult. Only till I experienced a certain car called Fiat Linea :). Took the plunge & was one of the firsts to buy Fiat Linea in 3 months of its launch in India.

With 21,000 kms on the ODO in 1 year, 1 month, 22 days & 1 Hour, I must say that Fiat Linea is far far much superior dynamically, is class-leading & is a benchmark not only in its own segment but a segment or 2 above its segment.
  2. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    VP good to see you guys taking such a great initiative to boost our group...

Very well executed guys.... Keep it up...
  3. Gopi

Gopi Amatore

Amit, Good to know you finally. I have seen you in multiple forums before but didnot know that you had owned a Ford ikon before. I am glad you like the FIAT Linea even better after your wonderful experience with Ford for 5 years. Enjoy many more miles with the Linea.
  4. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    Thank you so much Andy & Gopi.

And I once again Welcome you to a journey on Bold New Drive with Admiration Guaranteed... :)
  5. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai
    VahanPujari,

Great initiative all of you!! Thanks so much for taking this forward from the PUG.

Would love to catch up with you in one of our upcoming meets, we have never met even though we stay in the same city!

Cheers,
    Vroom
  6. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    Thank you so much, Vroom

Yes, we've not yet met inspite of being in the same city. But, we'll surely meet in one of the forum meets.

Looking forward to meeting you.