1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hi, this is Savin

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by savinvas, Dec 28, 2010.

1. savinvas

savinvas Novizio

Bangalore, India, India
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Friends,

My name is Savin. I'm a proud owner of a Punto 1.3 Multijet Emotion. I got my car delivered on this December 6th.
    This forum has been always helpful to clarify my doubts which I had when I was planning the car purchase.
    Looking ahead to have a nice time with all Gurus here.

cheers

Savin
  2. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Savinvas,

Welcome to TFI. Enjoy and benefit from your stay here. :)
    BTW, are you from Kerala and staying in Bangalore ? .Your car regn shows KL. :confused

Abdul
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Warm welcome to you and your Punto, savinvas. Explore and enjoy driving your precious Punto.
  4. savinvas

savinvas Novizio

Bangalore, India, India
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes Abdul. I'm from Kerala. Working/Staying in Bangalore
    ( Car was purchased from Marina motors Calicut. )

I'm yet to bring my car to Bangalore. Planning this weekend :)
    ----
    Thank you for your comments, Ravi.
  5. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    hey savinvas, Welcome to TFI. Great seeing both of them together. I noticed ur number, havent u got a number plate as it seems from the picture. It looks really neat and classy.
  6. savinvas

savinvas Novizio

Bangalore, India, India
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks for the comments Ansal.
    I preferred to stick the numbers without a plate. btw, is it against the rules ? I'm not sure.
    ( Planning to install a AUX cable for the Audio system from TMC Electronics Jayanagar. Hope it will not void the warranty )
    Cheers
    Savin
  7. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Not sure about the rules but it does look really good. The advantage you have is, as per rules one requires a white number plate, and ur beauty is already white. So this can only be achieved in White cars.

About the aux, do let us know bout the details.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Welcome to Team Fiat India. Punto in white color looks amazing
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    The number looks classy, well it will only suite for white cars, as the RTO plate should be white and black letters for private cars.
  10. savinvas

savinvas Novizio

Bangalore, India, India
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Kedar / Ansal

I'm excited to see the response in this forum. Feel like a reunion of old friends.. :)
    "Birds of the same feather flock together", so are fiat fans :)

Regarding my car, I like all the colours available for punto. Colours of my taste are actually medium and minimal grey ( they are metallic too).

In showroom, they were keeping white and red in display. ( I never got a chance to see the grey colour cars closely ) I decided to go for white finally. Now I feel it was not a wrong decision.

I was getting a deal on alloys ( original fiat alloys (4 no.s) for 20K ), from another fiat owner who upgraded the alloys of his emotion pack. I dropped that option since all the tyres also require to be changed for the new alloy. (R14 and R15 difference ).

( The Alloy+tyres were exceeding my budget ). I will look for a wheel+tyre upgrade after some time ( not sure when ).

Please advise on the trusted brands and the cost.

I fitted Xplod amplifier,and subwoofer, Replaced the front speakers with Xplod. The rear stock speakers are still connected.

I'm yet to do the first service of my car. Are there any conditions in driving before the first service ( like in bikes ) ?

Cheers,

Savin