1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hi TFI'ans - (Linea 2012 Diesel Dynamic + Absolute pack - KHT Motors)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by tarun.pasrija, Nov 1, 2012.

1. tarun.pasrija

tarun.pasrija

Hi Guys,

I recently bought Tuscan Wine color Linea 2012 from KHT motors. After following tons and tons of reviews about Linea vs most other manufacturers I was already a fan of the car. Though I felt that the interiors could have been little better but overall look of the car is as classy as it can get.

It certainly is a pleasure driving this car for long drives and best in class ground clearance. With tons of stupid speed breakers in Bangalore, it was a sigh of relief not having the bottom touch any of them at all. This is my second car and the first one was petrol.

I would say special thanks to guys at KHT motors for making the entire buying experience very wonderful. However, at the time of delivery the car was not very properly cleaned and that was a bit of disappointment. Now a days, people put your car on red carpets to make the entire experience really awesome and the entire car is spic and span which was little missing. Other than that, there was no lacking in information or PDI etc.

After driving close to 500 kms now, I have couple of concerns which I am not sure about because I have been a petrol car owner and have not faced such things before. So I am unable to make out if its a defect or its always like that. I would thus like to seek help of fellow Linea Deisel owners to help me out in this regard.

1. There is a little smell of diesel inside the car specially sitting at the back seat. Thus, my parents felt little nauseated due to this smell. Is this common..????
    2. The wipers that have come from the company make a lot of noise after 10-15 min.. This can be wipers problem but I certainly do not expect such a thing in a newly bought car.
    3. I have a habit of keeping my left hand over the gear always and have felt that there is certainly a jerk(forward and back) on the gear when I press or release accelerator.
    4. At high speed, I am able to hear a bit of sound of air and thus the experience is not very silent.

Thus, I would really like to hear views from you guys about this!! Attaching the pic of a very beautiful beast

IMG_6579.jpg

Regards
    Tarun Pasrija
    6 people like this.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Firstly, congrats on the purchase.

1. There is a little smell of diesel inside the car specially sitting at the back seat. Thus, my parents felt little nauseated due to this smell. Is this common..????
    No. This is not common. Is this the smell of diesel or diesel fumes? Is the ACC on circulate or fresh air mode?

2. The wipers that have come from the company make a lot of noise after 10-15 min.. This can be wipers problem but I certainly do not expect such a thing in a newly bought car.

Too bad. The wipers that come as OE from FIAT are supposed to be top notch. The OE wipers on my 2010 T-Jet are silent, no matter what the duration, and clean the windshield perfectly. Please get it checked and replaced under warranty.

3. I have a habit of keeping my left hand over the gear always and have felt that there is certainly a jerk(forward and back) on the gear when I press or release accelerator.

Bad habit. The owner's manual clearly advises against this practice. I have never done this, so not sure if there is a jerk and if it is normal.

4. At high speed, I am able to hear a bit of sound of air and thus the experience is not very silent.

Many people have reported this. I believe there is a gap in the beading somewhere in the driver side window. I have not faced this issue, so not really sure. Guess I am one of the lucky ones.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  3. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Welcome onboard Tarun, can you share the quote from KHT and freebies given ?
  4. tarun.pasrija

tarun.pasrija

Hi Rajan,

Thanks for a quick response. The smell was felt with AC on circulate mode. I would certainly get these things checked since now with your response I am getting a feeling that couple of these things are odd!!

Ritu, I got the general Absolute pack done and I believe it comes when you pay 50% of your insurance. So I assume that is the usual packaging. Other than that, i had the scratch card which gives you a 3nights holiday in 5 countries. (only accomodation) + a provogue travel bag. In total I paid around 10.7..

Regards
    Tarun Pasrija
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Red carpet welcome to you and your lovely Linea, tarun.pasrija. Explore and enjoy your Linea. Get your Linea checked by the dealer for those niggles.
    1 person likes this.
  6. tarun.pasrija

tarun.pasrija

Thanks Ravi!! I would surely get it checked :)
    1 person likes this.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome to TFI, Tarun and Congratulations on owning the Linea MJD.

The niggles are minor. Get it checked from the TASS.
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats & welcome to TFI Tarun....
  9. murugusec

murugusec Timido

CHENNAI
    weltcome to TFI & happy and safe driving
  10. bluepunter

bluepunter Amatore

Bangalore
    Welcome aboard Tarun..... Have a safe & happy motoring.....