1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hi Team FIAT

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by murthys, Feb 11, 2013.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Congrats on your Punto! Wish you happy miles!

Delay in delivery happens in most cases unless you are buying a car already in stock with the dealer. They claim reasons like truck stuck somewhere, truck strike in MH etc. All dealers do this. Once we pay the amount and make the booking, we are at their mercy and have no other options but to wait. I had waited for more than two weeks to get my car in 2009 when Punto was just launched. Suprising that the same kind of delay still exists!
    Once we get the car, we forget all those and just enjoy the drive.! :)
    1 person likes this.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    True tulasi, with a good reason i am OK to just let it go of such delays ;)
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2013
  3. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Congratulation for Punto.. and welcome to TFI....
  4. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Murthy welcome to TFI.

All the best for the delivery process of your ride. By the way, when is the expected date of delivery of your ride?
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  5. murthys

murthys

Bangalore
    Praveen, thank you. After seeing your message I called my SE, but he does not know whether VIN list is received or not. He said, he will get back to me, but do not know when!!!

Yes, Since we wait eagerly, any delay results in disappointment.

Raj, I am expecting it on this Friday or Saturday.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Murthy,

Firstly, welcome to the family and congrats on your buy. The car will not let you down.

That being said - please do not expect a timely delivery. I have never seen that happen. Please do not make 100% payment. Hold back at least 50K and offer to make that payment in cash at the time of delivery. Today is Tuesday and if the SE does not even know your VIN yet, I seriously doubt a delivery any time this week. It takes more than a week for the truck carrying your car to get to Bangalore from Ranjangaon and the SE is supposed to get your VIN, when the car goes into the assembly line for manufacture. Yes, you read that right. Your VIN gets assigned even before the car is put together.

Delay usually happens, as the truck needs to be filled up before leaving the plant to Bangalore. Obviously, FIAT cannot put one car on a truck and send it to Bangalore. Sending the car by Railways would have been a good option, but sadly, in our country, while the Railways transport eggs without a single breakage every single day, are notorious for screwing up cars.

Do not get disheartened though. You will forget all the disappointment, when you get behind the wheels of this fabulous car.

Rajan
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
    2 people like this.
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Well said Rajan,

Murthy also while discussing with Syed or any SA @ KHT, just mention that you are a member of TFI and your in touch with Adit as well. That should make the SA or Syed to get bit active on your purchase part :)
  8. murthys

murthys

Bangalore
    I have got VIN from SA "MCA118C5E07045308AKZ", it is Jan'2013 Mfg New GP MJD Emotion.

I have sent a mail to Adit, for that I got a response from Branch Manager RamPrasad, assured to communicate correct status of the booking.

It is in Transit and will be coming soon...
    1 person likes this.
  9. murthys

murthys

Bangalore
    Finally Wine Beauty arrived in Bangalore, saw it in KHT Stockyard. Color choice was nice, it looks amazing under sun light!! It will take couple more days for delivery.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. Racing_2012

Racing_2012 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats to you...I took mine from KHT motors whitefield. Once Vechicle arrived stockyard ...It took 3 days for delivery.