1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hi-Security Number Plates: Delhi

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by johnny, May 27, 2013.

1. venka

venka BANNED

This kind of HSNP which we saw in Delhi not sure about the first one.. Though the screws looks like they will not be fixed by laymen.

Rajan sir ,

I remember this ad was airing in DD in olden days with Red Maruti car being stopped by cop to check a stolen car. correct me if i am wrong. I guess this was the best method to curb thefts.
  2. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Is there a date by which all vehicles need to have these plates on? I haven't come across any news on it. My Linea has the same plate, but at that time you could only get the HSRP's from the respective transport authority (or a dealer approved by them - usually in the vicinity of their office) where your vehicle was registered. Is it any different now?
  3. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Nitin,

You can either approach the RTO, or the designated centers that have come up. The one in Mahipalpur is one such center. It is linked with the center at Massudpur - Massudpur does only for new cars, and Mahipalpur is for old cars.

About three weeks back, there was a news item in the TOI that HSRP would be compulsory for all vehicles, and checks by police on Delhi registered vehicles would start from Jun/Jul this year. This is what made me go through this exercise.

You will get more details on this site:

HSRP: High Security Car Number Plates Registration India 2013

Regards
    Johnny
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    What is so secured about these number plates?Cant figure out.Only difference is u have to add one more "zero" to the cost.
  5. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    These plates are made up of very cheap quality material.My father did get this done on his car an year ago and the color for the HSRP is almost fading away.Am wondering what ""security"" these plates are referred to.
  6. adi231189

adi231189

New Delhi
    Well as far as i know the HSRP have a laser code in them, including the engine number and chassis number embossed within the number plates, while currently the laser code system is useless since it is indeed a feature whose main purpose was to trace vehicles. The laser code can be read by special cameras installed in roads (currently i don't think so India has the technology to do this, or even if we have this we are yet to implement).

Now if i am right, if the number plate is tampered or get broken, you can't install any other number plate. The HSRP Vendor will be able to installthe new plates. All vehicles registered after 1 Jan 12, are required to be registered with HSRP in delhi. The fine for not installing within the next 3 months for a car is some where around 4000 Rs.

P.s: Those who want to install the plates from any center mail across to the concerned center head, you will get your plates within a week without delays. You can find the mail ID's in Transport department website i think.
    Last edited: May 27, 2013
  7. PuntoSingh

PuntoSingh Amatore

Faridabad
    NCR
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rs 1500/- is very expensive. I got it done from RTO faridabad for two vehicle at home for Rs 370/- odd for each vehicle, this include sticker and HSRP number plates i got the number plate in flat 4 days each time.

Thanks
  8. adi231189

adi231189

New Delhi
    The actual cost for HSRP is only 223 Rs, and if anyone asks you more, then some one is trying to make money out of you. The max time it will take to get the plates is 3 weeks not more. If you prefer not to have a tussle with lot of people while fixing it, go on a saturday at 9.AM it is hardly a 15 min Job
    Last edited: May 28, 2013