1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hi-Security Number Plates: Delhi

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by johnny, May 27, 2013.

1. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This post is mainly for the benefit of TFIANs from Delhi.

My Punto was initially registered in 2009. I just managed to get the new Hi-Sec plates fixed. The place where I got it done is in Mahipalpur (on the way to IGI T3). In Mahipalpur, the guy authorized is the Royal Enfield dealer. It is a prominent shop; you cannot miss it.

You have to go with photocopies of RC book, Driving License, Car Insurance, and PUC; and address proof if these documents do not have proof of Delhi address. They charge you Rs 1500/=, and it takes a week to make. They will inform you on your mobile when it is ready. The fitment does not take much time. They use rivets which cannot be re-used. They also affix a sticker on the front windshield. The quality of the plate is not very good, but it will be mandatory after a few months in Delhi, as per the news.

The best part is that there is not much rush now. So get it fixed quickly before the rush starts.

Regards
    Johnny
    2 people like this.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Johnny sir can you please upload the picture of that number plate. Is it the same like IND embossed number plate?
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I'm also curious to see how the plate looks . Also how its made
  4. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Woowwww.. Pictures asap bro!! Sticker on the windshield :eek: ?? i like the sound of Hi-Security number plates.
  5. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    First, the photo of the Number Plate. On the top left is the hologram; below that is IND (not embossed). The special fastner is also visible. Below that is a unique number which is engraved on the plate. It is not visible because of the flash. On the numbers, the word IND is visible at an angle. On the whole the workmanship is quite poor.

Plate-01-modified.jpg

Next is the sticker. It has details of the Regn No, Eng No, Chassis No & the unique number. The flash has caused some coloration. It is a clear sticker.

sticker.jpg

Regards
    Johnny
    2 people like this.
  6. venka

venka BANNED

I have seen these no plates last year when i was in delhi while going to Leh- Ladkah Trip. It looks good , same as IND embossed no plate. Once if you broke the no plate means you cant fix them again you have to goto the vendors. the main reason behind this is to bring curbs on thefts. But not sure how successful it will be. There was a shop in bangalore as well in Old airport road , heard his license got cancelled , not sure if he still exists.
    below is the image HSNP.

high-security-number-plate.jpg
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    There used to be a practice of acid etching the registration number on all the glasses of the car, to curb thefts. The logic was, it is too much of a hassle for a thief to replace all the glass panes in the car. Wonder what happened to that one :confused:

Rajan
  8. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    These are IND number plates. I have got them as well, Please check my ownership thread and see the quality difference. But the second sticker is new and i dont have that
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Looks like the govt had dived into poverty again that they want citizens to pay up . As simple as that.
    Its going to have the same effect as the tints did.
    2 days of hulchul , mad rush to get it fixed , media making more money by simply broadcasting the "Changes" and our politicos sipping on whiskies.
    All this in major Tier 1 cities and the rest is just forgotten
    1 person likes this.
  10. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

That actually made more sense.
    Replacing the bumper is oh so easy:)
    Wonder why are they Called HSRP:confused: