1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hi - New member to FIAT - Purchased Grande Punto 1.2 Active!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by gjrao75, May 11, 2014.

1. gjrao75

gjrao75

Bangalore
    Hi All,

I have purchased a 2009 model well maintained Grande Punto Active 1.2 Silver Metallic from my friend who has maintained the car extremely well. I was having Santro and sold last week. I got the Punto from my friend on 3rd May 2014 and using it from past one week. it is a fantastic car. I just loved it. So comfortable in driving the vehicle and there is lot of difference between my previous car and Punto.

Any suggestions for good mileage and good maintenance? Only one remark that I observed as of now is the breaking system. When I was driving in the 1st or 2nd gear at low speed bumper to bumper, breaks will not be applied and immediately, I need to apply clutch and then break.

Thank you,
    Jags
  2. XLR8er

XLR8er Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    welcome to TFI gjrao. You will enjoy the Punto for sure. Once you get addicted to it there's no turning back.
    wish you happy and long miles ahead.
  3. Vighnesh81

Vighnesh81 Novizio

Pune, MH
    Congratulation.
    Welcome to team fiat india.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats for Punto!! And welcome in TFI!!

As far as your concern is considered, whatever I understood, its not problem; thats the vehicle speed provided by ECU for each gear, if you are slower than that you will have to brake or shift to further lower gear.
    Hope it helps :) and you can post this query in Minor issues and questions section.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats. And as others have said, its (braking behaviour) not a problem but normal behaviour. Your car does not want to go below certain minimum rpm below which the egine would stall. Thus, it fights you to keep the engine running. You can help her keep the engine running by pressing the clutch when you brake. :)
  6. kiranrv

kiranrv Amatore

Chennai
    Congratulations and happy driving :car
  7. gjrao75

gjrao75

Bangalore
    Thank you

Dear All,

Thank you very much.

Yes, now I understood the break system how it works. Thanks for suggestions