1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hi just joined Team Fiat India

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ravindra, Oct 15, 2011.

1. ravindra

ravindra

Chennai
    :p Hi everyone,

Nice to be a part of Team Fiat India. I am wondering how I missed this forum. Team BHP ( I am a member of Team BHP) was my inspiration to buy my Punto Emotion 1.4 petrol. I am driving this car from January 2010 and did not have any problem.

Only major problem I had was because of irresponsible behaviour of VST Motors at Chennai while upgrading the A/C kit. After that I never had any problem.

Recently made a trip to Bangalore and enjoyed the drive, effortless. I belong to the category who would like to enjoy driving rather than the thrill of speed. I was able to clock 17 kmpl for the high way driving. In city with great difficulty, I am able to get around 9 kmpl.

I am still exploring the forum and shall be back with more posts. I landed in this forum while searching for hidden features in Punto.

Happy and safe driving
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Red carpet welcome to Team FIAT India, ravindra. Please start your Punto ownership thread and post your experience with Punto's photographs.
  3. niranrao

niranrao Timido

Bangalore
    Welcome Ravindra......
    Nice to see another 1.4 in this forum. I too have a 1.4 punto which i picked up this Feb. I had AC prob but got it upgraded here in KHT moters Bangalore. Initially i had some difficulty in getting the appointment for this upgrade but once i posted the issue on this forum they called me and fixed it in 1 day...

I feel that the front clearance is bit less. Especially the left corner. How do you manage it in a crowded streets?
  4. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Welcome to TFI Ravindra! :D
  5. Welcome to the forum Ravindra

Do post some pics of your GP
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome Onboard Ravindra to TFI,
    I can see more Fiatians joining for South, Seems like heavy pouring of FIATs in South Region...
  7. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Welcome board Ravindra. You would sure enjoy your stay here.
  8. ravindra

ravindra

Chennai
    Thank you all for the welcome message.

For nearly 14 years I was driving Maruti 800 DX car and when the time to change the car came, my cousin visited Srirangapatna where I was working and I was really amazed to see his Fiat Linea(admiration guaranteed). That very day I decided that my next car will be Fiat.

Many crib for the quality of plastic used for the dash board etc, but I feel considering the safety aspect built into the car for the price which we are paying it is really worth it. One of my friend who owns a Innova high end model said that even a basic feature which is available in Punto (when you open the lock with remote automatically the cabin light is switched on) is not available in Innova. Best part is the ABS you feel very confident while driving in heavy rain and negotiating sharp curves at high speed.

As I could not afford to go for Linea and also I gave more emphasis for the usage. Mine was mostly week end small trips in and around Bangalore, hence I decided to go for the Petrol version. The moment I started driving the car I was sure that I am in safe hands. You feel that you are struck to the ground solidly. Ofcourse my shift from Maruti 800 a light vehicle might have made me to think like this. But Punto is a safe car. Lot of attention is being given for safety.

Yes Niranrao I agree with you, front clearance is less. As I am now in Chennai (changed my job) I feel it very difficult to drive through the mad traffic here. Daily I travel from T Nagar to Tidel Park and eventhough the distance is just 9 kms, I need around 45 minutes to reach my office. Best part here is you can make out without seeing at the driver of a car, whether it is owner driven or driven by a driver. Most of the owner driven vehicles are very cautious like me and they follow traffic rules. Drivers are drivers whether they are in Bangalore or any part of India, they all are of the same lot. Unnecessary honking,overtaking dangerously, parking at corners make all of us very furious. Now I have learnt to ignore these people.

Some years back I had read on the back of a car "I am not deaf, I am just ignoring you". I also adopt the same method now. I just ignore those crazy drivers.

I have spent nearly 12 years in Delhi and Delhi has taught me one important thing in life, especially regarding cars, we should not bother about small dents and scratches. My car already has some scratches and small dents done by other vehicles. I am just ignoring those scratches.

I shall definitely post pictures of my punto in my next post.

Thank you all for the enthusiasm shown in welcoming me. This keeps us going. All the best and safe driving.
  9. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    Welcome Ravindra! Waiting for the GP pics!
  10. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Ravinda,
    Welcome to the Fiat club. Wishing you years of happy mile crunching.
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2011