1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hi Italian beauty owners and admirers of Italian class.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by sandy.chegi, Nov 7, 2012.

1. sandy.chegi

sandy.chegi Novizio

First of all, would like to take this opportunity to thank moderators for approving my request to join our own specialized forum for Fiat. Introducing myself, my name is Sandeep Reddy, currently, based out of Bangalore.

How did I end-up being passionate about cars? I knew nothing about cars because I was hardly 16/ 17 in early 2000s a period during which, guys are more inclined towards impressing gals with their bikes (Some of us might agree with me). Of course coming from middle class family, that is what I could dream off at that point in time. Everything changed in 2002. I experienced the driving pleasure of Palio 1.6 GTX and ever since then, I always thought that, this should be my first car. That experience led me to be thirsty for understanding the engineering, technology, ride, handling and mechanicals related to cars, still updating myself though.

However, slowly that dream started fading away seeing the market positioning of Palio 1.6 in India and eventually it was withdrawn from sales. Alas. Then, the day came when I thought, if it is not this beast let me go back in time and make my dream of owning a bike a reality. That's when, owned a bright yellow Karizma but as a gift to my younger brother. Nevertheless, I was the one who rode it more.

Then, life moved on, was married to my lady love and now that, I am a family man (No Karizmas, No CBRs, :evilsmile ) , had to buy a scooter, TVS Wego. Having said that, my first vaahan love for Palio 1.6 GTX never ended and since 6 months, started hunting for one. Checked one didn't work out. I shared these things about the car hunt with my BIL and voila :D, what I hear, yes folks, you guessed it right, he knows about a Palio 1.6 which is for sale. Icing on the cake it is a 2002 Palio 1.6 GTX.

Now comes the twist, you know which car was it, its the same car in which I had my first drive. What else can you pray for than getting the vehicle that you fell in love with, 10 years back. The car owner is a close friend of my BIL and personally know that, he had taken very good care of it. Car is Tan Mist colored with stock alloys, engine in stock condition (as good as new one) though its 10 years old.

Everyone who had taken a drive in the car are shocked to the core about the condition, driving pleasure in car, that is so old. We being obsessed with Fiat know what the car can offer, but I got the opportunity to show what a real Italian beast can give you back. I tell them, its Ferrari in affordable range. No offense to Fiat Palio but just a comparison for those who don't know about cars.

Well, I am so excited of joining this group that I forgot what I intended to put in words as I was planning for this write-up for a very long time. Pics will be posted soon as I am waiting for a proper drive to take the beast out and also to trim the photos to suit the upload limit.

This is my first post, so I would request my fellow Fiatians to forgive in case I have put up a long personal story and always welcome you all to give your comments.

11 people like this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome Sandeep to TFI and nice to read your introduction post. Excellent!!
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome with your 1.6GTX, do share some pictures of the Italian Beast so that we can also enjoy veiwing it...
  4. welcome Sandeep.. All members present here will read the posts, however long it is. Because we love FIAT.:nicethread Its really amazing to get the same car which created the love in your heart. simply Awesome..
  5. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Sandy, Welcome to TFI with your 1.6 GTX beast.

Your love for the car and FIAT is clearly evident in the excitement shown in your post.
    Waiting for the pics of your ride.:)
  6. sandy.chegi

sandy.chegi Novizio

Yes Aravindh. Call it coincidence or my good fate. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome Raj.

Sure thing. Will read through the recommended way of updating pics and do at the earliest possible.

Thanks Ravi. I am glad you liked my post :)
  7. anthrg

anthrg Timido

All things wished fervently comes true.... I liked that part where you got to drive the same car... 10 years later...! :) happy motoring!
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi Sandy, Welcome to TFI buddy..

ha ha.. quite similar to myn i was riding a RTR 160 vroom vroom after marriage am on a Activa sold my beast :evilsmile
  9. shanmugam

shanmugam Amatore

welcome to TFI.... share your cars pic
  10. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

we want pics, we want pics, we want pics :D
    1 person likes this.