1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hi,I am confused whether to go for new punto or old punto

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by as221422, Dec 21, 2011.

1. as221422

as221422

Hi,
    my budget was 6l and I am getting old punto 1.3 disel model in 6.35l.but now hearing about new punto model.which one i should go for.can you please suggest.
  2. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    New model are being launched on 3rd Jan, it would be better to wait for new model now and then buy. You will still get discounts for 2011 model if you wish to go for it and not 2012 model.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Old Punto? You mean a second hand Punto or do you mean the current Punto which will be known as old model whenever new model of Punto is launched?
    Oops, by the way, welcome to Team FIAT India forum.

Well, thing is that if new model is coming in January, old models will have huge offers and discounts for stock clearing as is being said by many forum members about the current discounts. It's your call really.

1. Wait for new model and see if it is indeed great and they buy new model with lesser discounts.
    2. Wait for new model and if you think that old model is good enough with huge discounts, go for the old model (I do not guarantee that current discounts will continue in Jan or not.
    3. If you think current Punto is good enough for you for the given price and discounts, you can play safe and go for it.
  4. as221422

as221422

dealers are saying that they dont have the old models with them so really cant say anything that they will be able to provide me the old punto models..and yes does anyone have idea abt how much the prices will be hiked for newer models
  5. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @yashik, you are absolutely right but don't you think that once refreshed punto is launched he can claim more discount on 2011 punto??
    Well thats what i think, correct me if im wrong.
  6. as221422

as221422

first of all my question is will there be old models present when new punto will be launched
  7. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Tron- Your are right he should be able to negotiate for more discount on 2011 Punto. But the only question is will he able to source a 2011 punto in his area, as i have heard that punto 2011 is nearly out off stock at most dealer's.

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Many dealers will have old stocks with them, the only thing is you will have to find one. By the way where are you located.
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Tron- Thing is that if old model is still in stock, it will be available for even more discounts. But then, why should I make him wait in only to see that FIAT has sold all the old models before launching the new one. Hope you understand that I just do not want to put too much stress on one side as there are some chances of the stock of his preferred variant and color getting exhausted.

I can just guide and discuss the options.

This is the one of the two standard lines of a shopkeeper:
    1. Buy now as the offer/thing won't be available then (even if they have 100s of items in the inventory).
    2. Margins are very low, so no discounts possible. e.g.Whether its a Rs1500 mobile or a Rs15000 mobile, the profit is always Rs200-300. :p
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    My suggestion is to wait for the upgrade and then decide. If 2011 Punto is available after January (you may have to work hard to find it) you should get a good discount on it.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    yeh, you can wait till updated Punto lands in market but as soon as new punto gets in you have to make final call ASAP. Cause looking at these aspects i'll say its a gamble,
    That too on your own risk.

New punto will be anyday good option only but how it'll fit in your budget will be mistry till last minute.