1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hi Guys - this is Jacob from Cochin

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by drjake, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drjake

drjake Timido

Cochin
    I have been using a Fiat Linea Diesel - Emotion Pk from July 2009. have covered 53000kms on it. just changed the tyres 2000 kms back - having shod the wheels with Yokohama 195-65-15 (the profile being raised from 60 to 65). just out of the 4 yrs of extended warranty. have enjoyed using the machine. Special mention to be made about the stability, ABS braking, the sturdy feel that you get to experience on the highway drives. the low ground clearance did create some problems - twice i had the belly dented by hits on high speed breakers and the second time when i rode over a boulder that had been rolled onto the road by another vehicle. Twice the oil sump got dented - and the drop in power was too evident especially the second while. Each time i had to straighten out the sump base. i have had repeated issues with the front suspension bush. a few weeks back i had to change the front shocks and the brake pads too.

i am a very happy owner of the beauty - the LINEA. inspite of all the down sides that i face with the vehicle. i just love it - so do my family.
    2 people like this.
  2. krismask

krismask Amatore

Chennai
    Welcome to TFI Family. Yokohama tyres are good choice. Good to know that you and your family love the ride with some niggles faced. Minor niggles are there in every car but the sturdy build like a TANK can be only felt in Fiat cars. Wishing you many more miles with your Linea :)
  3. drjake

drjake Timido

Cochin
    thankyou Krishmask

i had used a Palio ELX 1.3 earlier - bought in 2002 Feb. That used to be even a more sturdier vehicle than even Linea i feel and that is what led me to decide in favour of Linea, having not even tried the Honda City (new model) which had just come out in 2009 or a year ahead of that. the driving comfort of a Fiat can never be expected in a Honda, i feel. Sad part is that the dealers of both Palio and later on Linea (which was launched under the TATA joined venture with fiat) was a let down - thus the poor reputation that these vehicles have amongst the lay people (other than the fiat fans).
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello Jacob. Welcome to TFI. :)

Today I saw two Flamenco Red Linea back to back. Even after seeing these cars for 4 years on Indian roads, I feel like falling in love again and again. :)
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Jacob!!
    Welcome to the group.
    Your profile shows you as a Petrol Linea owner; Please correct that ;)
    Yes, we cant stop loving fiat; at least when we own one. Every time when we look at it the bond strengthens. That's the magic!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.