1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hi guys!!! Gr8 to see Fiat admirers forum!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Shreyas Aterkar, Nov 16, 2010.

1. :wow Hi guys, this is my first post to this forum... I am a fan of Linea just that I am eagerly waiting for the automatic transmission to be launched. With this its the t-jet which will surely be my next car. Any idea about when is it going to be launched? The fiat guys don't seem to have an idea.

Also 2 questions for the proud owners of Linea t-jet. One is that I found the seating position a bit awkward. Didn't drive though so how do you guys fine the same. Second, I found the gear slightly rubbery how is it to use in heavy traffic.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome Shreyas to TFI.

Regarding seating positioning, it might take few attempt to find out the correct position, but its not difficult. Actually the seating comfort is pretty good. Go through some T-Jet owners thread, you will get all questions answered.
  3. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    yes, the gear shift is slightly rubbery but is smooth as well.
    If FIAT brings in the dualogic, it would be awesome otherwise I think a manual transmission is better. Of course, only for the ease of driving in city, automatic works but i like changing gears myself :)
  4. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Welcome Shreyas!!!
    Actually eariler I also thoght the same. I felt bit ackward because of my height. But once I adjusted seat height to full and position little back it is so comfortable.
  5. Thank guys! I think will have a long TD and then only will be able to get a hang of the seating position.

@Ichimaru - actually manual is kool but mumbai traffic is too much for one to keep one leg on the clutch and change gears vey very regularly. But fiat has a dualogic transmission so one can enjoy the manual shifts as well (not as much as a pure manual one) though no paddle shifts is what i know as of now. Any idea on this?

By the way does linea come with a USB port? And any of you guys changed the speakers as that is one place where I think fiat should have done some improvement. Looks like city's music system is close to the best in this class. What say?