1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hi From Turkey. Joined your site with my 2009 1.6 Mj Linea Dynamic

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by driver, Jan 27, 2012.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

A red carpet welcome to TFI, Mr. Driver from Turkey:wow!
    It's so nice to see this post & i was awestruck & glued to the thread. you have made us feel special.
    yep Turkey is one of the good market for Linea. Brazil deserves the cream being biggest market for FIAT.

We will have heck of a time discussing 1.6 MJD. Hey, pls also let us know any talks/update/renderings on next new Linea. I think it will be debuted first-most in Brazil & Turkey being the most priority market for Linea.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Driver, one question.

Can you help us in getting the 1.6 MJD engine shipped to India? :p
    1 person likes this.
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

:shock:
    driver, you with your 1.6 MJD is like an emperor & can be mentor of Indian Linean's who are craving 1.6 MJD for 3 Yrs now!! i really sympathize with these frustrated FIATians.

Ramjn, pls hold it:mrgreen:!!
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  4. driver

driver

ANKARA/TURKEY
    You hit the nail right on the head Aniket. It is the same here it is 2009 model dynamic Linea which was discontinued here in 2010, too. My car has a style pack which includes 16 inch mixed alloy wheels + fog lights + rear park sensors. These were sold seperately in 2009.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Driver. We welcome you to the TFI, and warm regards to your team Linea in Turkey,
    Yeah the Fiat has started up slowly in India, and is cooping with with the sales, the Indians are being aware of the build quality and the safety, It will take few more years to capture the market in full strength. We at the TFI have a wonderful time here with our Fiatians and also welcome you all.
    I am in kuwait at present, Fiat has also launched the Linea here, they have already 500 which have sold around 65 since last year.
    Awaiting for the Pictures of the Linea and Punto in Turkey
  6. driver

driver

ANKARA/TURKEY
    Thank you mate. I am really glad to meet Fiat/Linea lovers in a different part of the world. Happy to meet you all here.

Actually we envy Brazil&Argentina. They have much more models than ours. I think Fiat didn't do the same mistakes it did in Turkey and India in the past in Brazil, so probably they have a better brand image and better sales figures.

I will open a thread in another part of the forum which will include my experiences about 1.6 MJ.

New linea is manifactured in Bursa/Turkey to be exported to Europe and Middle East. I don't know where your Lineas were made in, but we have such an advantage that we produce Linea here. There are some people who have seen Linea in test drive on Bursa streets and there are some factory photos taken by the staff working in factories but they don't share those photos scared of being identified. It is like a governmental secret :) People who saw the factory photos can only describe the exterior view and they say : There is no change in the body in general. It has sharper and thinner headlights, the bumper is totally different with different fog lights. The view from the back highly resembles Renault Fluence which is also being produced in Renault's Bursa factory. This is why I see Dodge Dart 2012 as the closest one to the new Linea 2013.
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Better they don't change Linea too much. it's already has attained perfection with design theme, i guess for a B+/C segment car. Let that theme of profound lines & curves be continued with some aesthetic changes here n there, just for a feeling of a fresh new linea (more focus be on interior). I would pray for Dodge Dart/Giulietta platform being used with some limited changes to the exterior design theme but easier said than done. Almost everything you try on these Linea/Grande Punto beauties seems to make them look 1 step down instead of better:A. This design has attained perfection & is so complete already, I feel for the guys who are working on New Linea's/Punto's. I think Punto EVO is spoiled Grande Punto.

Linea in India is also manufactured locally by FIAT (almost 95%).
    Still pls keep hunting for the pics of new Linea & let TFI-India be first to know it all the way from Turkey!!
  8. driver

driver

ANKARA/TURKEY
    Nice to hear that :) So it is now odd not to see 1.6 MJ engine in India :(
    I sent a review of 1.6 MJ to reviews part of the forum.
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/linea/4798-fiat-linea-2009-1-6-mj-105-hp-6-speed.html

I have news from a friend in Fiatlineatr forum. I've learnt that he has a relative in Fiat Bursa Factory and the staff are not allowed to take their cell phones to new linea production facility/band. He will get the photos as soon as he can get a way to take a cell phone in.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

here is my review about 1.6 MJ
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/linea/4798-fiat-linea-2009-1-6-mj-105-hp-6-speed.html

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

It maybe possible sending each and every part of the engine via postal service :)) I have some doubts about the cost and recompilation of it though :)
    1 person likes this.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Red carpet welcome to you and your cute Linea, driver. Enjoy your stay here at Team FIAT India.
  10. driver

driver

ANKARA/TURKEY
    Thank you very much mate.