1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hi from Hyderabad

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by airfoil, May 12, 2011.

1. airfoil

airfoil Novizio

Hello everyone,

I'm from Hyderabad and expect to take delivery of my BNW 90HP GP next week.

We've almost always owned a Fiat in our family, from the Premier Padmini my dad drove and I learned to drive in, to the Palio GTX I bought almost 10 years ago and still own.

Since I bought the Palio, it has been a sort of love-hate relationship, especially in the last couple years, due to the non-availability of spares. I was dead against buying another Fiat due to this and the fact that Fiats dont sell well, but one test drive of the Punto and I was decided, all the heartburn forgotten.

I've spent a lot of time reading through the posts here, this site is very useful.

I need suggestions on the following please:

1. What tyre upgrade to go for in the same 195/60 R15 size?
    2. Recommended sun-film for the sides, rear and front?
    3. Availability/price of the Blau THA 555 amp and where I can get it installed in Hyderabad without chewing on the installers' brains due to the stress on mine?

Thanks in advance.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Last edited: May 12, 2011
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Welcome aboard Airfoil.
    Punto 90, that too in BNW is as good as it gets. Congrats!

I believe the stock tyres coming with the 90 will be Apollo Aceleres?

If yes, then u can keep using them as they are quite good for stock tyres.

Our Linea came with them and i shelved the plans to upgrade to Michelin Primacy LC after experiencing them.

4. airfoil
    welcome to TFI
    congratulations on your white beauty...

please start an ownership thread..
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Congratulations for new 90 HP Punto. Waiting for ownership & buying experiece.
  6. Rizzou

Hey airfoil, Congrats in advance, stock tyres should serve till they wore out. after you have choices to upgrade. ICE you just plan to go for an Amp. or components and sub and rear speakers aswell.
  7. Hi airfoil, Congratulations on your 90 HP Punto and welcome to TFI.
  8. airfoil

airfoil Novizio

Thanks for the warm welcome folks. I'll put the ownership thread up after the car arrives.

On tyres:
    I've no knowledge about the quality/feel of the OE tyres which will probably be Acceleres, I'll check them out before making a final decision. If I do indeed upgrade, the choice shall be between Conti CPC2 / Yoko C Drive / Michelin Primacy. I am leaning toward a combination of comfort and longevity and I think these choices offer pretty much that. Unless you think otherwise?

I've got Potenza GIIIs on the GTX and while they have served their purpose, I'm unhappy about the noise they create. That pretty much rules the Yoko S-Drives out as well.

On ICE:
    I think the OE ICE that the Punto offers is worse than the stuff you see in some Autorickshaws, save for the steering controls and other gadgetry. I wish Fiat would put just that little bit more into this area and at least offer something that sounds like the A/NHC unit. There's simply no choice but to upgrade as far as I'm concerned. I plan to replace the OE crap with suitable Components and add a sub later.

9. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Congrats and Welcome to TFI.
    Have a Safe Drive Always

For Sunfilms there are various options in the market, check the dealer might offer you Eco Drive as he was suggesting it is a good brand, From the market you can opt for 3M, Garware, Llumar, VKool.

3M RE70 for Front with 70% Visibility (RTO Approved)
    3M RE50 for Sides with 50% Visibility (RTO Approved)

Llumar and Vkool are also Good with VKool being heavy on the pocket.
  10. welcome aboard....congratulations on the new stallion............