1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hi from 27.06°N 93.37°E!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by GopinB, May 30, 2011.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I got educated lot regarding car purchase after joining TFI. I had no idea about PDI. The only thing I did was checked the car only on the delivery date. My salesperson didn't inform me about PDI nor she provided the chasis no. It was my mistake that I was ignorant of it. I got Form 22 and road worthiness certificate on previous day of registration, since I opted for the registration to do myself. Otherwise they might have given it directly to RTO. Thanks to all TFI members for maintaining all relevant informations. My previous car was a used car.
  2. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    Only some hours late and it seems I have missed some action here.

Welcome Gopin, It is good to have a member from Arunachal. I happen to be there at Tawang last december and i did not come across any FIAT. It is gr8 to learn that with famed AP roads you would be enjoying ur LINEA.

Pics and experience would be eagerly awaited.
    Last edited: May 31, 2011
  3. GopinB

GopinB Timido

Itanagar
    Alto's and 800's are most common out here. But FIGO seems to have won the heart. Lot of bookings at Ford, that too only 1 dealer....amazing isn't it!
    Thats true......famed roads of Arunachal with only potholes everywhere. Just hoping that nothing goes that bad with my Linea. Will surely post my experience with pics!
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    GopinB: Glad to see a fan from AP :) I have to Itanagar and areas near by, its good until it rains :p and unfortunately it rains entire year i guess :p
    I have done Lilabari (North Lakhimpur) -> Bipuria -> Banderdewa - Narlagan - Itanagar, also did Lilabari -> Ziro circuit :)

I think over 99% of Arunachal pradesh is really not connected. Itanagar is close to ASSAM its like in the first 5% or area from assam border, there is still over 95% of AP above it, where I dont see any town or village nor roads. One place on earth that need a lot of exploration :)
  5. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    I think he's trying to fool you if he is trying to say that he does not know and cannot find out the date / month of manufacture. Based on my experience in Mumbai, the dealer has an excel list of car with all details like VIN, model, colour etc. that have been manufactured at Ranjangaon (I saw this sheet with my own eyes). And he will be in a position to tell you the month of manufacture, if not the VIN, when the car is allotted to him / you.
    You can tell him that if the car is older than a reasonable number of months, you would not accept it and go over to competition. e.g., I had told my dealer I want a Feb 2011 manufactured car when I booked in march.
  6. GopinB

GopinB Timido

Itanagar
    Thanks guys for useful inputs. Got delivery of my 1.4 Fire Dynamic Linea today. Took time for me to locate the VIN number. Looked underneath the co-passenger seat, as told, engine bay and almost all possible location but couldn't find it. Even these fools couldn't locate and was in a state of kinda lost. Only when i tried to locate the spare wheel, it was embossed there on the floor. It read....MCA11021A 09024677 BMZ. Had booked the car on 28th APRIL. Decoding reveals it's manufactured date as Feb 2011. The Odometer read 20km,So m ok with the mfg date.

Will start my ownership thread with pics in few days.....and once again thanks guys for highlighting PDI and useful info
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Congrats :)

Have fun, and enjoy your drive :)

It takes around 4/5 days for car to get delivered 500kms from factory outlet, yours is almost 3000km away so probably it might have taken 30 - 45 days to reach there :p

Look forward to your review

*Just wondering what would those empty containers bring back :D
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Congrats Gopin. Which color?

Strange that the dealer could not find it, but the VIN is underneath the carpet in the footwell of front passenger.

Remove the front passenger side's foot mat and you'll see the floor carpet is cut from three sides. Pull it up and you'll see the VIN there also.

Gurjinder
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  9. GopinB

GopinB Timido

Itanagar
    33 days to be precise for 3000 odd kilometer. Will ask them tomorrow:D
    Thanks Gurjinder! will try it. On first instance i thought its missing, didn't try pulling it!
    My Linea is BOSSA NOVA WHITE, will be easier to maintain.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Paji even I was not aware of that. Thank you for sharing this information.