1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hi from 27.06°N 93.37°E!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by GopinB, May 30, 2011.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    4 Linea sold till date :-(.

You have plus point then your Linea will be unique in Arunachal Pradesh
  2. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Welcome Gopin from the beautiful state. It is amongst the most beautiful regions of the world, in my opinion. I have fond memories of Arunachal when my father was posted there. Unfortunately I was able to visit only the Tejpur - Bomdilla - Tawang axis at the time. I have "long term" plans of touring the entire state.
    All the best with your new vehicle.
    To ensure you get a fresh piece, you can follow up with your dealer, even tell him the month you want (I did that). The dealer has access to the list of all cars manufactured in a month - with VIN, date of manufacture etc. He also knows the VIN of the car when it is allotted to him before shipment from Ranjangaon. Demand this from him and you can tell the month of manufacture from the last three characters (alphabets) - check the relevant thread.
    Also check PDI thread and make sure you do a very thorough PDI before you accept or even pay the vehicle (at the yard before registration) - it will save a lot of potential trouble for you since you may not stay close to the service centre.
    Last edited: May 31, 2011
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Gopin, Welcome to TFI. Which car brand is most common there in Arunachal ?
  4. GopinB

GopinB Timido

Itanagar
    You can say that..... :dance
    Tawang is a paradise....u are lucky that u had a chance to be there. Lot of things have changed now, better part being the road connectivity. If u ever wish to visit again do drop me a mail.
    I called up the sales executive yesterday and asked for VIN number but he said they are alloted only Chassis number not VIN. Sir! after chassis number is alloted, the process of assembly is started. Is it correct guys? M confused.... Is it possible to decode the date of mfg thru Chassis number????:confused:
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Gopin, IIRC, the last three characters of the Chassis Number gives you the VIN.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Roy , the VIN is the complete 20 digit number .

It includes the factory code , engine code, serial number and then the three letters denoting date of manufacture.

The chassis number mentioned here is most probably the serial number.

@gopin
    The chassis number that the dealer told u, is it a 7 digit number?

Gurjinder.
  7. sharadverma

sharadverma

Delhi
    So bro how to calculate it for punto to check for month and year
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
  9. sharadverma

sharadverma

Delhi
  10. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Gurijinder is right, VIN is the entire string. But for decoding the manufacturing month and year, the last 3 characters is sufficient.
    When I bought my car, the SA gave me a 7 character string ending with "GPZ" as the "Chassis number" and that was the reason for my confusion.