1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hi Fiat'ers

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by amit, May 24, 2010.

1. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Hey everybody,

It's difficult writing about oneself but I am giving it a shot anyway.

I am Amit. Most of you may know me from TBHP & PUG (both Palio and Punto users group)

Cars I and my family have owned in the past:

- Maruti 800. ( No surprises isnt it? Haven't we all owned this car at some point in our lives?)
    - Daewoo Matiz (Just loved this car. What space!)
    - Hyundai Santro.
    - Fiat Palio S10 (A whole review is there for this car on another forum)
    - Maruti - Suzuki SX4 (Review on the same forum. I'll put it across short and sweet. I hate this car!)
    - Fiat Grande Punto MJD.

Between March 2005 to August 2006, I lived in Canada where I sold GM's (Pontiac's , Buick's & GMC) and then VW's. I got a chance to drive many cars there. Notable among them were:

- Pontiac Sunfire (What was GM thinking!)
    - Pontiac G6.
    - VW Beetle.
    - VW Golf Tdi (MK IV) (owned this car for a month)
    - VW Beetle.
    - VW Passat 2.0 TFSI and 3.6L V6.
    - Mini Cooper (Someone traded this car for a new VW GTI MK V).
    - BMW Z4 (Someone traded this car for a Jetta TDi!!)
    - VW Jetta 2.5L petrol 150bhp.

Coming to Fiat's. It was in 2003 when I was looking for a new car that the Palio came into the picture. Trust me, it wasn't an easy decision buying this car. Fiat was on the brink of collapse not just in India and it seemed like committing suicide was better then betting on a Fiat product. I am a guy that always trusts his heart and I have never regretted it ever. There was one time I listed to my head (SX4), and we all know how it turned out!

The Palio was a charm. It ran flawlessly from 2003 to 2009 when I sold it. The jewel in Palio and Fiat's crown was when I returned to India after almost 1 1/2 years and the car, not having been driven too much in that time, needed just a regular service and minor alternator repair work to run smoothly! In 2009, I sold it with the original interior light bulb! Yes, that's how reliable it was. I sold it with about 72,000 kms on the odo and now with over 80,000kms it's still running as good as new with it's new owner. Needless to add, Fiat got a faithful buyer and were rewarded when I stuck with them and bought a Grande Punto. With over 17,000kms on the Punto's odometer, I have to say that Fiat have impressed me again with their product. The Punto is following in the Palio's tradition and till now has proved to be as reliable as the Palio.

I have a family business. We manufacture automotive hoses for all major OEM's. Not for Fiat thought. At least not yet. I love my work. It's very challenging and we get to understand what goes behind a new car's launch. One of the small cars recently launched in India was a project we were invovled in right from the concept stage and it was a great learning expereince on what goes on from concept to launch.
  2. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
    hey amit, seems you are too preoccupied with work , not many posts from you?