1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hi Fiateers.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by johnny, Jun 1, 2010.

1. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is just a brief introduction. I got my Punto 1.3 MJD Emo Pk in Dec last year. This is my fourth car. The others were: Premier Padmini (It is essentially a Fiat 1100 after all!), Toyota Corolla (used for three years in Thailand. I have driven all over Thailand - excellent roads), WagonR, and the Punto. I have sold the first two. The WagonR is currently used by my wife.
    I drove my first car (Ambassador) in 1969, and my first two wheeler a year later (Lambretta). This should give you all an idea about my 'vintage'. However, my heart is young, and I still enjoy driving - I collected my Punto from Aspi motors Ahmadabad, and drove it to Delhi where I got it registered.
    I had a great job - flying fighter aircraft - MiG-21s (great aircraft notwithstanding all the bad press), Mirage-2000 (still very hi-tech after all these years. I have picked the cockpit display as my avatar), etc. I am now enjoying my retired life at Greater NOIDA. My other interests include Open source software - I am posting this from my computer which runs Ubuntu Linux in addition to some more Linux OSs. I look forward to interacting with all you "Fiateers".
    Johnny
    PS:- My Punto is Medium Grey. I think that it is a really great colour.
  2. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Welcome Johnny.

I hope you don't drive your Punto like you fly the Mirage 2000! Enjoy your stay on the forum buddy.
  3. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Amit. I assure you that I am a very careful driver. Incidentally, fighter flying was all about self discipline. 'Mavericks' are from Hollywood - very far removed from reality.
    Johnny
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Welcome aboard, John

Curious to know why not to buy the car from Delhi itself instead of buying from Aspi, Ahmedabad & driving down to Delhi

BTW, what an enviable job of flying Mig's
  5. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Amit.I bought the car through the CSD. The price in Gujarat was nearly 30,000/- less than Haryana, Punjab. So it was worth flying to Ahmadbad, and driving down. Aspi turned out to be a good dealer and he threw in a lot of freebies including extended warranty, RSA etc. The drive itself was great. Ahmadabad till Jaipur via Chitaurgarh is out of this world; Jaipur Delhi is OK. Yeah, the job was really great - enjoyed every minute of it.
    Johnny
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Yeah, heard excellent reviews about Aspi Motors, that its one of the best Dealer/ TASS in India