1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hi Fiat Family.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Hasan, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Hi all,
    I am a new entrant into your family, with my Fiat Punto Emotion MJD, bought on August 14th 2012.

I had a Hyundai Verna (Diesel) prior to this, and after having sold it, had finalised the Linea Emotion 1.3 MJD. However, at the time of booking and upon parents insistence, settled down for the Punto. My heart still lay with the Linea, though it's been 12 days since I have taken the delivery. It was a tough call having finalised a relationship with the elder sister, but getting hitched to the younger one. Haha.

The Punto is too good a car in its class. I have clocked 1350 kms., and it drives beautifully.

Fiat is doing too little for itself. If they set right a few things - forget others beating them, they would be raising their own bar.

Though this is not prescribed by Fiat, but I had read somewhere that the engine-oil needs to be changed after the first 1,000 kms. Should I get the engine-oil changed now, or should I wait till the first service at 5,000 kms/6 months?
  2. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome home Hasan bro!!!!!!

you don't have to change your engine oil until you clock 15,000 on your odometer.enjoy your drive.Pls share your buying experience and ofcourse some pics of your car.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Welcome to the family ;)

Do post lots of pics of the Punto.

As for the oil change, it is not specified by FIAT but it's not a bad thing to get it changed during the 6month/5000km checkup. Check in for the checkup (the first "service" is really a checkup only) around the 4500km mark, as i'm sure you'll be doing that many km's much before 6 months. :)

4. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

Welcome to the forum Hasan and congrats for your new ride.

No need to change the oil now, engine is new and needs to settle down if you would change it now it would take more than normal time to settle down, though you can get it changed at ~10k kms. But in my opinion get it changed at 15k.
  5. Fiat1100

Fiat1100 Amatore

Fiat Enthusiast
    Congrats Hasan brother... welcome to Fiat Family... Njoy driving... ;-)
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome to Fiat family buddy! Happy and safe motoring! Enjoy your beauty!:redcar
  7. Thanks a lot.

---------- Post added at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

Thanks a lot, I will go through the Owner's manual to get to better understand the difference between the "checkup" at 5k kms. and the "service" at 15k kms.

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

Thank you.
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats on having the most beautiful and the Hulk Hatch in Hand.
    No need to change the engine oil, they will change it at the service interval, as they are synthetic oil, needs change only after 10K / 15K kms not like the Japanese..
  9. Congrats on the new punto..

no need of getting oil changed at 1k kms..
    I am going for oil change at 5k kms,and thereafter will follow regular intervals of 15k.
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  10. Welcome Hasan and congrats for Punto!!

good one :)