1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by dumbestcoder, Nov 18, 2013.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Rajiv,

No difference between 2012 & 2013 models except for a remote of the HU. 2013 model comes with a remote for the Emotion variant. What variant are you looking for? Looking at the price I guess you are being offered an Emotion variant.

I would suggest option b coz Fiat comes up with a different discount scheme every month and since next is the last month of the year, the discounts will be good enough hoping Fiat would want to clear the inventory.

I would personally prefer white over black colour for the Punto although I am a big fan of Tuscan wine Hic Hic...
  2. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Coder , It is always tough to choose the colours in both Linea and Punto..Its just matters the taste and how practical you want to be with those colours..The light colours white&silver are easy to maintain ,do not project the scratches and tend to heated up less under the SUN...It is exactly the opposite with dark colours -OB,TW & Black that requires extra maintenance !

Reg 2012,2013 difference- There are not much except few cosmetics but please check on the suspensions difference as it was increased from 2012 April I believe..The Punto owners can help better than me in this case.If much better offers/discounts are on the way assured by the dealers ,you can wait.To buy a 2012 model ,there are lot more precautions to be seen and you might need a well known person to inspect the car before making any decision..Just the TW colour cannot be a decision factor;)..From the date of booking ,it would take atleast 15 days to arrive the showroom and would take somemore days to park in your house which entirely depends on you :D
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Welcome to TFI, friend! :)
    About choosing which car to buy, TD each one you have in mind. But it always makes sense to go for diesel even though the price of diesel and petrol will be the in the same range in near future. Think of the extra 5-8 kms per litre a diesel car can run.

And punto is a great car to own. There may be a few cases of unavailability of parts or sometimes even bad service. But that's once in a while and you can always go to another service center to get an issue fixed. In that respect the so-called great German and Czech brands are even worse. There are horror stories from all brands, be it maruti or a rich man's BMW. FIAT is much better in that respect, caring for customers, especially as they are in the growth path.

All the best!
    2 people like this.
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    You will never repent the choice, as you are listening to yor heart, and Fiats respects people who buy it with Heart.
    Sure there were FASS earlier thats the news that spreads fast, where as the build qty, suspension, features etc etc all these qualities get ignored by the people, but at the same time they burn their @#@ when Fiat zipz before them on potholes and corners.

Selected the color is the biggest thing in Punto, all color goes well with it. I went to book HHB, saw ER in the showroom booked it, saw Medium Grey and made my mind and took her home,,,,
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  5. sk16

sk16 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    In the post 2012 models they have increased the GC and the suspension is stiffer. Fiat changed the names of the variants, for eg. the Emotion Pack is now just Emotion. There are a few features which they have shuffled between the variants which I am not aware of, but doesn't matter in your case as you're going with Emotion. They have improved a few features based on customer feedback like the AC's performance is better now, etc.
    Ask your SA whether he has the 2012 car at his stock-yard ? and if you do opt for it, ask him to share the VIN code with you (which will disclose the month and year of manufacturing) and also get all the oils changed. My suggestion would be not to go in for that as 2013 is nearing its end which means the car is more than a year old plus Fiat and its dealers already have a black mark against their names for playing up. Most people avail this offer by buying the last year manufactured car in Feb, Mar, Apr of the new year. Even I did the same.

And I hope all your above quotations include car insurance, road side assistance, extended warranty, basic car kit.
    On the colour I would suggest you to go with white as black demands maintenance. But if you're up for it then go for it as black punto is a stunner, not doubts.

Visit Kashyap Fiat, Okhla as well. Take a quotation from them as well.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  6. dumbestcoder

dumbestcoder Novizio

New Delhi
    Firstly thanks for your valuable reply guys..You guys are awesome..

Hi, went to Kashyap Fiat ,Okhla yesterday..Met sales manager Naveen ,he offered me normal discount(As I dont have any old vehicle ) with some 14k additional discount (something he told me ,some insurance money comes to dealer )..Any way he also agree to discount 12k , if I leave absolute pack. So it comes down to 7.51 for Red Punto emotion and 5k additional with other color..Even he told me that he will give better deal at the time of booking..
    What you guys think should I go for absolute pack or take 12k discount?

Thanks
    Rajiv
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  7. sk16

sk16 Amatore

New Delhi, India

You're the best judge of that. Absolute kit was offered to me for 25k extra which has illuminated scuff plates, rear parking sensor, gps navigator, more slick and solid mud guards, absolute stickering, don't remember whether there was more or not. Wasn't tempting for me but it does add value. If you you go for the gps navigator and parking sensors alone, Fiat charges 22k(I guess, not sure).
  8. dumbestcoder

dumbestcoder Novizio

New Delhi
    Thank you guys ...
    Finally today I booked ,first car of my life(Even first car of ma family) "Black Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD EMOTION" .
    Let me tell you guys something ...this is the biggest moment of my life...but I don't feel any excitement(may be my excitement crossed the level where I dont feel anything).

As I left Absolute pack(While I got Basic kit) they gave me 13k discount value for that..with exchange + corporate discount + some more discount ...total I have to pay 7.31Lac ...They did not gave me extended warranty though..

They ask me for 2-3 week ...meanwhile loan process will start in 1-2 days..

Waiting for my BLACK LION "The PUNTO" ...
  9. Shri1972

Shri1972 Amatore

Pune
    Congratulations !!

Shrinivas Patil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Congratulations on booking HHB Punto.