1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by dumbestcoder, Nov 18, 2013.

1. dumbestcoder

dumbestcoder Novizio

New Delhi
    Hello , I am Rajiv Mishra from New Delhi , planning to buy a hatchback.

Will start with my past...I am an Android Developer ..were never interested in the bike or car in my whole life (only driven bike 4-5 time ).... in back 3 month there was not any car in my mind ...but something happened ...I changed my job and now every day I have to face lots of trouble to reach my new office..like I have to wait long to get a auto...even after asking 5-6 autowala, one autowal agree to go...I am paying them and they are like I will not go there...really annoying ....and that's how my mind changed ...and I started to think about cars...

So I started to search for a hatchback...were selected some petrol model initially like i20 , polo , micra ........punto was nowhere in my list...Even i was not aware of punto car..
    After few day I decided to go for micra cvt ...I thought automatic will be good for me..because i am a first time driver...Started seeing car review and user comments on lot of sites...I seen lots of time that user asking reviewer that why the hell punto is not in your top 5 diesel hatchback ....So I started research on punto .....and find this awesome forum.

After Seeing lots of user review and tons of other thing I decided to go for Punto diesel....And so told my friend ....and they are like are you nuts?....you are going for European car specially fiat...you will get bad service ..even you will not find any parts for your car...
    I am asking you guys is it really that bad??? I am not worried about resell value.....I buying the car to own, not to sell..
    Also I am telling you guys my family background is not that great ...I have lots of other thing to deal in my life....Also this will be first car in my family...So only worried about after sales ..

Also which dealer is best in new Delhi?

Thank you for such a great forum..
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    hello coder , I sense your heart beats while just reading the paragraph :eek:.You should have taken some breath in between while typing!

About buying Punto 75 or 90 hp ,as long you are confident about your driving skills ,I don't see any other problem owning a PUNTO ! There are many Delhi people in this forum and hope they can help out on the after sales.This is a FIAT forum and you will be adviced to buy FIAT by most people;) (No offence though).By the way, I am a first time buyer too ;)...
    1 person likes this.
  3. sk16

sk16 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Hi Rajiv,

Firstly, welcome to TFI.
    And secondly, you're not making a bad choice at all. The poor after sales service from Fiat is passe now. With TATA-FIAT divorce and new exclusive FASS opening up there is not much problem. The spares are always available. Yes, there were a few teething problems but nothing major.

Which part of Delhi do you come from buddy ? And where is your workplace that auto drivers refuse to go ?

My honest suggestion would be, rather than focusing on just one car, you TD all hatchbacks- swift, i20, punto, etc. And then finalise. The punto will come on top of the others, but one must check with all the options out there.

Theres Fiat Caffe (Kashyap Group), Janpath, Kashyap Fiat, Okhla, Thrust Fiat (Tuli Motors), Moti Nagar, Kashyap Fiat, Noida, Oberoi, Noida.

Don't stick to one but take quotations from 2-3 dealers and choose wisely. And You can always post here.

Cheers,
    Shray
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
    3 people like this.
  4. dumbestcoder

dumbestcoder Novizio

New Delhi
    Thank you so much bharath and sk16
    @bharath yes you sense me right:p ...I did write whole post without taking any breath hahaha.. My driving skills is not good right now but already started learning ..also I am planning to go for MJD Emotion Punto .Initially it was dynamic but I show lots of user here gets some discount so I thought if i stretch my budget little more and go for Emotion.

@sk16 I am in Rohini ..my new office is in Hauz khas ...will think about changing place but its not in my mind right now.. Any way thanks to autowala I am going to own a car ;) . Actually not only workplace I usually need auto many time to go from one place to another ...Problem with autowala is they usually do not want to go for long distance (most autowala)and some time small distance..

I will start TD end of this or next week (as I am too busy with my work right now)and plan to book the car next week itself..
    Yes I will take quotations from above dealers ...Still wanted to know the experience of user with the dealer after sales..
  5. dumbestcoder

dumbestcoder Novizio

New Delhi
    Its 75 MJD emotion... It will be good enough for me...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
  6. sk16

sk16 Amatore

New Delhi, India

My experience with the FASS has been OK, won't say bad. When I bought the Linea 1.3, there weren't many Fiat exclusive SC for one. There was just one and that too in Noida. Now theres Kashyap, Okhla and Tuli, Wazirpur. I have never been to Tuli as it is far away from my place and now I have build up a good rapport with the personnel at Okhla and Noida. Noida has two FASS and Gurgaon has one. Don't worry about the after sales service. By the time your car comes into the service routine, all the FASS in NCR will get grilled properly and most of the teething problems will go away.

And secondly, you'll go mad in the traffic everyday buddy. I travel in the opposite direction everyday and I see the snarl on the other side all the way from Dhaula Kuan to Raja Garden (don't know what goes beyond that point as I take a left from Raja Garden).

All the best.
    1 person likes this.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Welcome to the forum buddy. Your handle - I suppose is not real eh?

Few things to note - Dont buy a diesel car just because the price of diesel is low. If your daily running justifies, then buy otherwise stick to petrol car. Secondly since you are a new driver suggest to opt for used car to save the heartburns (read dents/nicks, scratches etc) of the new car. Since you have your eyes on Punto, try a petrol 1.4L used car. I have seen many of my friends/colleagues/building mates who were new drivers and bought a new car just to keep it parked the moment the first dent/scratch appeared. Sorry not demoralizing or something but it is better to be practical sometimes.
    4 people like this.
  8. dumbestcoder

dumbestcoder Novizio

New Delhi
    Thank you so much @sk16 and @ghodlur for your nice reply.

@sk16 Will shift to south delhi in near future...also I will try to avoid 9-10.30 trafic..may be that will help me from bad traffic...

@ghodlur Hey really a great reply..thank you...I did give it a thought ...Still heart saying no... go for new one ..so may be I have to hehehe
    about diesel ...initially it was petrol...but day by day car love started to grow on me...now I am planning to do lots of road trip with my friends...and thats how diesel comes into picture..

I planning to do TD in 4-5 days will let you know ..As I read everywhere that after booking it takes 15-20 days..is it true?
    Also which color is good on punto ..as of now my choice is white .
  9. dumbestcoder

dumbestcoder Novizio

New Delhi
    Hi guys...I want to know difference between 2012 vs 2013 punto.

I went to Thrust Fiat today ...Met with a SA guy Rohit ..He gave me 3 option to buy punto a) Normal discout with exchange offer(Even I dont have any old car) 2013 model MJD Emotion 7.65Lac b) Wait for 3rd of next month as offer scheme will be updated c) They have a tuscan wine color punto 2012 model ..he offered me at 7.05Lac .....What you guys say..

Today I show a black punto and it was looking really great..Now I have to decide between white and black .

Thanks
    Rajiv
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    About the service, it is as good or as bad as any other brand,you need not loose peace of mind.
    But since you have said that the family background has other financial priorities,I would suggest that you can stick with a 4 l car for now, maybe even an used punto.
    You can post separately asking if there are used ones in your place.