1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hi Everyone!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Crazy Fiatian, Jul 29, 2013.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You can. But, get in writing on the deal. Or else get in writing that they would fully refund the booking amount if you cancel the booking. I don't believe the sales lead of the dealer where you got the quote. So, be cautious.
  2. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @ramjn/@zenwalker,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Yes, I will be getting everything (Price, Offers, Warranty, Refund etc) in written before I do my booking.

Normally, what is the procedure on doing booking? I am sure they will have some deadlines, before that we need to make Full Payment. If we don't pay full amount by the deadline, what will they do?

Cancel the booking without refunding (booking) amount? OR
    Cancel the booking and take some percentage of amount and refund back the remaining booking amount? OR
    Every dealer have their own set of rules/guidelines?
  3. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Both the Chennai dealers confirmed that they will Refund the full booking amount while Cancellation.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Usually if you cancel the booking after they proceed in raising an order with FIAT, they are going to cut some amount (in KHT caffe case, it was 5k i guess) and refund back the rest. I am not sure how this guy is able to refund in full. Once the order is raised with FIAT, the dealer has to pay FIAT for the car. So he is under loss, untill he makes a sale of it to other customer, which is not really to be sure. So i am not too sure how your SE is soo sure in giving away full refund, having known that currently FIAT sales are not as booming as Maruti or boats. Even in maruti dealers i have heard on cancellations, some amount are cut.
  5. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @zenwalker,

I told them clearly that I am planning to buy car ONLY in next couple of months, so I think they may not place order with Fiat immediately, but not sure how they gonna work out at their end.

What I observed so far with the discussion I had with both the dealers are, Fiat is trying to earn some name/respect from customers, so I don't think they will make big mistake here.

Also, one of the dealer said "Sir, we committed that we will refund you the full amount if you cancel the booking by any chance, you can raise complaint with Fiat if we don't refund you the full amount, at this point there are only 2 dealers in Chennai and we don't want to create bad name on ourselves"
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    usually there is a booking cancellation charge which all dealers deduct. i had cancelled i20 booking before booking punto and 2.5 k were deducted from booking amount of 10 k. it was mentioned on the booking receipt itself.
    good that Fiat is not charging for cancellation but if possible get that also in writing or check their booking receipt and see if something is mentioned.
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  7. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, it will be mentioned in receipt with some Terms and Conditions, but seems Chennai dealers are not deducting.

I believe it's with dealers discretion, though we can raise complaint with Fiat for any false/wrong commitment by the dealer.
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  8. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Friends,

I just want to share one of the Happiest Moment in My Life, Yesterday night around 9:30PM I had booked Linea 1.3 Dynamic, will get the Car in next few months.

I took Linea 1.3 Dynamic for TD yesterday before booking, earlier I test drove Emotion variant, I felt the drive in dynamic (15" alloy) was awesome compared to Emotion (16" alloy). Might be because I booked Dynamic or it might be true ;) . Feel like want to grab it asap.

THANKS EVERYONE for greatly helping in making this decision and SPECIAL THANKS to ramjn for promptly guiding/answering my PMs.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    next few month's??
  10. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, I need to make some financial arrangement to avoid more monthly EMIs. At max will get it in next 2 or 3 months if everything go as per plan. I made everything clear to them, they want me to JUST book by this month.
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2013