1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hi Everyone!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Crazy Fiatian, Jul 29, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    If the majority of the drive is in the city, then neither. Coming from an Alto, you will be frustrated. For city commutes, it is the GP 75 HP, any day. However, if it is majority highway drives, then depending on how many ocuupants, it is either the GP 90 HP or the Linea MJD.

Single or just you and the missus with minimal luggage - GP 90 HP

The whole family, pets included - Linea MJD.

Rajan
  2. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @gurjinder,

I think GP 90HP is the one for me, I love the sportier feel. Anyhow will take TD of Linea tomorrow, but now I am more inclined towards GP 90HP :) Thanks for your suggestion!

@PatchyBoy,

Thanks for your crisp points, I took TD of 90HP couple of weeks before (in the city), I don't feel frustrating while driving it and would love to do lot of Highway drives, so if it is Punto I'd like to go for 90HP for those extra horses in Highway.
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    This is a necessary evil that we have had to introduce due to the large number of spammers invading the forum. As such there are no restriction on the number of posts per day.

Once you cross 20 posts, this limitation will automatically be removed.

Cheers.
  4. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    That makes sense gurjinder, Thanks for clarifying. But wondering I didn't get this kind of message before, today only I am getting it after couple of posts.
  5. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Today I Test drove Linea Emotion MJD, the Car was just awesome, I did't feel like I am driving a BIG Car and the pick up, ride, comfort was mind blowing.

Sales Executive strongly suggest me to go for Active Variant (Rs.8.44L) because for Linea like car you don't need ABS/Airbag.

I told him that I need ABS and Airbag, if that's that case he suggest me to go for Dynamic (Rs.9.70L) rather than Emotion (Rs.10.1L), as per his opinion Emotion is having 16" alloy so the GC is higher, hence chance of body roll but it is well controlled in Dynamic which is having 15" alloy. Not sure is this valid, even though Emotion have 16" alloy the tyre size is 205, so I think the chance of body roll is very less or may be nill.

Can someone throw some light here?
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Whatever the sales people say, take with a grain of salt. Big statement I know, but most sales guys sadly are not the most technically aware people.

Like I said before, you cannot go wrong with either car / variant. Ofcourse, if the budget allows, go for the top spec or the Dynamic variant. Even the Active variant is not that stripped out as well.

Cheers.

P.S. If cars like Linea didn't need airbags, then the folks at Mercedes / BMW etc must be crazy putting several airbags in their 7 series / S class' etc. :evilsmile Also, I thought the passengers needed the airbags, not the cars.
  7. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Based on your note, it seems Emotion variant having body roll because of 16" alloy wheel is baseless.

I totally agree with you :p
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  8. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Today I got a call from Fiat Sales Executive, he quoted Rs.9.6L for Linea Dynamic MJD which includes Floor Mat, Mud flaps, Reverse Parking Sensor (for coloring Reverse Parking Sensor I need to pay extra Rs.2k), it comes with standard warranty for 3 years and for additional warranty of 2 years I need to pay around Rs.8k more.

It will take at least 2 or 3 months for me to buy because of Vitamin M deficiency.

SE said it is one of the best offer so asking me to just book it with Rs.10k, so while buying in next few months you can avail with the same offer and if there are any further discount at that time we will provide you with the latest offer, he said if you want to cancel the booking due to some reason we will refund you the full amount and we will give it in written with Pricing,Offer,Accessories etc.

I know it's close to end of the month and he wants to hit his target so he is trying to pushing me hard saying the offer is going to change, as usual sales tactics.

I don't know whether I am missing some key things here. Anyone faced this type of situation before?

Do you guys think that I shall go ahead and book it now for Rs.10k ?

Please advise.
  9. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Guys - Any thoughts or suggestion on my yesterday's post?

10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I do not see any loop holes in this as long as its given in written to the mentioned clauses by the authorised person in the dealer (No, SE can leave the job anytime), since FIAT does not entertain such shortcuts, so its a dealers responsiblity.