1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hi Everyone!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Crazy Fiatian, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Friends,

I have zeroed my decision on Punto 90HP and am planning to buy it once I sell my Alto but the crooked mind inside me saying "Why don't I go for Linea MJD". My expectation in car is to have Power Steering/Windows, ABS and Airbag (Driver + Passenger), so I need to decide between Punto 90HP (no 75HP) or Linea Dynamic/Emotion MJD.

I read lot of threads in Team Fiat/Team BHP based on that I came up with below points

Linea Dynamic/Emotion MJD advantage over Punto 90HP:
    --> Better Comfort
    --> Feels quicker than Punto even though heavier than Punto
    --> Boot
    --> Sedan - "Status Car" (don't get the feel to update it for atleast 5 years)

Punto MJD 90HP advantage over Linea Emotion/Dynamic MJD :
    --> Maneuverability/Parking in City
    --> Around Rs.2L lesser with less maintenance/insurance cost, also I can save on the interest amount of Rs.2L
    --> Stylish look (I feel Punto is more stylish than Linea)

Sales Executive advices me to for Linea Active but without ABS/Air bag I don't want to go for it, he is bringing Linea MJD for TD tomorrow, he asked me to TD both Punto 90HP and Linea MJD then decide.

You guys are expert here, I want your suggestions as I might be missing some key points here.

Is it worth to spend additional Rs.2L on Linea MJD ? Or better stay with Punto 90HP? I am fine with not having boot, think I can manage with Punto's 60:40 split seat.

Awaiting your reply..
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    You present car being a Petrol, why don't you look at the T-Jet. You will get everything you are asking for and more.

Rajan
  3. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Currently being a petrol car, I am not driving it much because of the Petrol cost, would like to drive more and planning for long trips often. So I think diesel will suit me, by the way I think you are owning Linea T-JET, what is the mileage you are getting in City and Highway?
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    In City - between 9 and 13, depending on how aggressive or sedate I am.

On a Highway - between 15 and 19, depending on what speed I choose to cruise at. I know it is possible to cross 20 kmpl on a T-Jet on the highway, but at the cost of losing out on the thrill of driving a T-Jet :D

Rajan
  5. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    That's an excellent mileage :)
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Contrary to popular belief, the T-Jet gives better mileage than it's F.I.R.E sibling :D

Rajan
  7. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @PatchyBoy,

Cool :) Hope you are enjoying every bit of your T-Jet.

What is your take on Punto 90HP vs Linea MJD?
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

No, Ramesh. The 75HP is much better to drive within the city. The lag is lesser and the engine feels eager till 3k rpm. Whereas, the 90HP suffers from heavy lag and starts the violent spurt of power while the 75HP's power is tapering off at similar rpms. 75HP is more fun in state highways too where you would remain within 100kmph.

On the tolled roads, 90HP is the beast! On the highways 90HP is more fuel efficient by 2 kmpl atleast.

@Crazy Fiatian, Pick the car according to your needs. The status that the boot carries is not really a trend. If you would do long trips with family and luggage often, Linea it is. Else the GP 90HP.
  9. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Good to know PatchyBoy.. Hearty Congrats for your T-Jet, wishing more (S)miles :)

@DRIV3R, Is Linea much more comfortable than GP 90HP?

- - - Merged Post - - -

For the last couple of my posts, it says until moderator approves the post can't be viewed, do anyone know why? I am new to this Forum, Is there any restriction on number of post per day something like that? I tried to search for any restrictions but I can't find any.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Hello Crazy :)

Welcome aboard.

I have never really subscribed to the whole "status" aspect of the sedan over a hatchback. All that "status" you realise when you have to travel in the city :)

Linea vs 90hp boils down to 2 aspects : How comfortable you are financially and do you REALLY need that huge boot. Ask yourself these two questions. Let me assure you that the 90hp is no lesser a car than the Linea. The basic architecture is the same and the ride quality and stability are almost at par. The Punto definitely feels sportier to drive.

Whatever decision you take, it is a win-win.

Cheers.