1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hi Everyone!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Crazy Fiatian, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    First let me "THANK YOU ALL" for accepting me in TFI Family.

I am a Software Engineer from Chennai, married and have 7 month old boy who keeps me busy always should say even more than my clients :)

My Vehicles :

2 Wheeler:
    Suzuki Fiero (2000) - Still with us in Native
    Yamaha Rx 135 - Sold
    Royal Enfield Thunderbird - Sold
    Suzuki GS 150R - My current ride in Chennai

4 Wheeler:

Maruti Suzuki Alto - My current ride in Chennai

Note : I know just to ride the above vehicles but I don't know all the stuff inside like you guys, please bear with me.

You guys made me Crazy about Fiat, Still I am trying to find reason for some of my questions

--> Fiat was in India for a long time, but still it couldn't get good market share compared to other car manufactures (I didn't mean MJD here :)), then why do we have lots of followers/lovers?
    --> Fiat was well known for Service/Spare parts/niggling issues,then why these guys are this much crazy?
    --> When someone buy 'X' brand car, they feel like they have bought a car or added one more car in his garage, but when someone buys Fiat they feel like they have bring home a family member, how a car can create a bond with people?
    --> I could see a dedicated website for Fiat with lot of Fiat lovers, AFAIK I think in India we don't have any website dedicated for a particular car brand. What's special with Fiat?

I know to get the answer for my above questions, I need to OWN one. Moreover people who are complaining Fiat is the one's who never owned Fiat in his lifetime.

Currently I am owning Alto and it's serve my purpose well, planning to upgrade it to Punto 90HP Pearl White just because of being Fiat fan and no reason to complain my Alto, bit confused here to make the decision, because I think we will be getting new refreshed Punto in the first half of 2014, Is that worth to wait for the new launch? If I wait for the new launch, by that time financially I become bit stable but if I buy now it will bite my pocket a little bit.

Last week I just went to Fiat showroom to enquire, they offered me short TD on Punto 90 HP, the drive was good, but I don't feel the "WOW" factor, might be the TD was very short.Price seems to be of Rs.8 L on road with Seat cover, mud flap, floor mat, 50 month RSA etc, feel like it's a good deal, may be next year they might increase the price, Thanks to our government's budget planning.

Expecting your thoughts/suggestions on, book the car soon or wait for new launch in 2014.

Thank you and felt proud to be part of this group!!
    1 person likes this.
  2. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Crazy_Fiatian, Firstly welcome to TFI.

Regarding your purchase of Punto 90HP its an awesome machine and you will not feel that in a short spin. I would suggest to take a long TD and observe the ride/handling quality. For the new model/refreshed version of Punto there is an expectation for it in 2014 but there isnt any confirmed date for this. It might have some exterior and interior changes but not a huge change IMHO. Currently there are good deals on the pricing like discounts etc which are very tempting to give a skip and as you rightly said there might not be discounts on the new model and also pricing is unknown.
    However at the time of new vehicle launch there might be chance for clearig the old stock (if they dont stop production of the current Punto before launch of new one) where you could get a better deal than the current one and also you might have the option to choose betweent he current and new gen.
    This is all a specualtion but just my way of thinking about the new or old gen, since you already have a car which is serving the purpose.
    I hope out other memebers can give more inputs on this.

FIAT has a very long legacy and cars built to last. FIAT have been a house hold name for a long time during the premier time although they have lost the ground int he last 10 years probably because of wrong decisions taken by FIAT management. This legacy seems to continue acompanied by the kind of wonderful machines that they offer making it a just not any other car but a special one.
    There are lots of debatable topics about FIAT and its ASS etc due to obvious reasons and people are right in complaining about it. But once you get to know the car and the brand people just seem to connect with it for a long time :)
    This is my first car so i might not have as much feel about the passion as other who have been FIAT owners for long and own multiple FIATs, so you will surely hear from them on this.

All the best for your decision.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome to TFI.

Buy a Fiat and drive. You will know how and why. :)

Let me tell you the difference between 75hp and 90hp. Both drive almost the same in city. You will be able to appreciate 90hp when driven on highway. It becomes violent after 80-100 kmph.

BTW, which dealer did you visit in Chennai?
    1 person likes this.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    next time take it to highway and try to observe the steering ! you will come to know whats the connection :)
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Welcome on board Crazy Fiatian. Had you joined after buying that 90 HP scorcher you are eyeing the questions you asked would have been self answered. No wonder the car made you choose an apt handle too. Isnt that sufficient.

Happened with me too. One test drive and the rest of the contenders seem to melt away.

Hope you get your hands on the 90HP Punto at the earliest and start an ownership review with lots of pics. And then you have TFI to enjoy it much more better, keep reading the reviews and suggestion and get more inspired.
  6. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Raj - Thanks for your warm welcome!!

I totally agree with all your points and Yes I have to go for long TD to know about Punto 90 HP's capability, will do soon. Now seems Fiat have learned a lot from their past and ASS has improved a lot as per the review/feedback I read so far.

I think it won't be worth to wait for next generation Punto as you said they might be adding some gizmos to the existing model.

Let's see whether I could grab Punto 90 HP soon :) Will keep you posted.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Ramjn.

Yeah, looking for grab it soon. I read somewhere Punto engine happily rev between 100 to 120 kmph and it's good to keep it in that range, but after that it struggles a bit, Is that true? Anyhow in our roads even on highway doing > 120 kmph is not that safe, just asking out of curiosity.

I took test drive with Ramkay Fiat (Velachery) as it is nearby to my location.
  7. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yeah I could sense the connection very well through TFI, I have read about TFI Fiat Factory visit recently, it shows the Emotion/Love/Bond Fiat created with lots of it's fans. I doubt how many of them turned up if some other manufacturers called up their customers for their factory visit.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Sure and Thanks ghodlur.

Will get one and put my detailed ownership review with pictures asap.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Punto 75 can touch 140 with ease and anything after this would take some effort and time. Where as the Punto 90 is a different machine at speeds above 120 kmph. It can touch 160 with ease. Think and decide what is needed for you.

You are right. An SA who moved from Maruti to Fiat commented to my friend that customers at Maruti Service don't even talk with each other. Where as at Fiat service, most customers identify the cars of other customers too. :D
    1 person likes this.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Fiats mask speed better than any other cars in the segment as a result you feel more comfortable. struggle post 120 is not true! edit: ramesh just explained it it better :)
    actually it was other way round. Fiat was approached once many people were interested in the visit :)
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  10. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I already SOLD OUT for 90 HP :) Touching 160 at ease? should be lot more than enough.

I am owning Maruti now and I know how it is. Owning Maruti is like we have a car to travel from Point A to Point B, there won't be any bond with it, but couple of thing we can guarantee is "Peace of mind" and get a feel like we are in "Safe hand" unless BIG PROBLEM arises with the car during warranty period :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

I was not aware that people approached Fiat for Factory visit, Glad to know that. Thanks for the info and your input regarding my question on speed limit.