1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hi Every one

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by pramaku, Nov 28, 2014.

1. pramaku

pramaku Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi Everyone,
    I currently drive Fiesta Classic in Bangalore, as it is reaching 1L KM I am planning to upgrade.
    I enjoy Fiesta for its driving pleasure and handling.
    Looking at this fabulous forum I understood punto is very good in handling and pleasure to drive.

Am yet to TD the new Punto Evo, just want to take a opinion from here and go ahead ?
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @pramaku, there is a parallel discussion going about right now and many other similar threads too are already there. You are right about the handling and pleasure to drive part. Do you have any further specific questions in mind? Do let know.

BTW, do you drive a Fiesta Classic Diesel?

Here is the current discussion thread -- http://teamfiat.com/threads/should-i-buy-fiat-punto-evo.13423/
    Aviral singh likes this.
  3. pramaku

pramaku Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Thanks, I will check the thread.
    Yes Diesel , I am looking for Punto diesel too ( I do frequent long drives).
    Options-
    Hatchback - yes
    Looks - Yes
    FE - good to have
    Less waiting period
    Airbag and ABS

Current worries on going for Fiat:
    Spare part cost - You may say I am using ford, but I never replaced any part on my fiesta except for brakepads and tyres.
    Cost or VFM
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    5 year, 150,000 warranty.

Topped the recent Autocar spare parts cost survey.

Bangalore: several good, reputed Fiat ASS centres.

The toughest and best engineered, reliable car and engine, evocative styling inside and out, good quality materials and fitments, great equipment list, at great prices: VFM alright! :)
    limraj and asimpleson like this.
  5. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Have you TD, new Fiesta 2014?

What Fiesta classic GC? did it spoiled driving pleasure on bumps?
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @pramaku you are looking for an upgrade & considering a Punto.
    It might be a downgrade. (just kidding) After driving a sedan go for a sedan with premium features.
    I will suggest consider Linea instead of Punto. You can easily distinguish between the fiesta & the linea.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    It may be a downgrade in the car size but an upgrade in terms of safety, comfort. In terms of ride and handling, Punto is a notch above the Classic. Remember Fiesta Classic is not the same as the earlier Fiesta, it has been retuned for a better mileage which downgrades the legendary ride & handling specialities of previous Fiesta. This is coming from a ex- Fiesta owner.

@pramaku You need to decide whether you need a boot or not. If you dont need a boot, opt for Evo, if you need one look for Linea MJD (Not classic)
    prabhjot and rishike007 like this.
  8. pramaku

pramaku Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Thanks for your replies guys,
    After driving with sedan on Bangalore traffic roads and endless search for parking space, i decided to drive a two box car :), (Hatch but a premium hatch.)
    Still yet to TD, had in options the following
    1) Polo GT TDI
    2) Punto evo.
    3) Elite I20
    4) New swift ( almost striking out as people say that braking is not good)

My current fiesta is still running good (97K), no engine problems except that it greets every pot hole ( some problem with 'link rod' and suspension)

Also one more reason for car change: Current fiesta is 'AP' registration and recently Karnataka RTO started a LifeTimeTax collection mechanism for out-of-state cars :mad:
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 19, 2014 ---
    Fiesta 1.4 Exi, Yes you are right, the service guy said that the link rod needs to be replaced.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 19, 2014 ---
    Looking for a hatch back, no special requirement on boot.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 19, 2014, Original Post Date: Dec 19, 2014 ---
    Actually what I have is the earlier fiesta ( my bad I mentioned as classic), I got good FE of 20 on two BLR-HYD trips with ac on level-1
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  9. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hmm... People say that Maruti tunes Fiat engines better than Fiats themselves for mileage purpose, as if a hunk is converted in to a milking cow but don't know how to brake its speed!

After, experience of ford's built quality & driving pleasure I feel punto & polo are best bets.
    And on spare part cost Fiat wins over polo.
    In case if you are going to drive it on city roads most of the time, polo has better low end torque than 90 HP punto.
    However, 75 HP punto is equal to Polo.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Punto has less engine noise than Polo. Punto is cheaper than Polo. So amongst the four, the Punto is seen as VFM.

Attached is the Autocar comparison where Hyunida i20 elite is the final choice but most expensive amongst the four.
    http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-ne...polo-vs-suzuki-swift-comparison-391062.aspx/0