1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hi All

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by carwatcher, Feb 19, 2012.

1. carwatcher

carwatcher

Goa
    Hi All,
    This is Pankaj from Goa. Bought Linea T-Jet+ (Bossa Nova White) on 6th Feb, 2012. I used to own Ford Fusion Petrol before this car. It was April 2011 manufactured one (DMZ). But the dealer did very good PDI. I am happy with my choice. Glad to be part of this forum.
    Thanks
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  2. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Welcome carwatcher!

Another T-Jetter on TFI! Do post pics of your ride.
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome Pankaj to the Happening forum of Fiat in India, \
    Happy to hear that you have the most powerful and the safest car in the class, Sure will add plus to your life,
    Dude some pictures of the jet will work wonders.......
  4. Prajith

Prajith Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome Pankaj! Congratulations on your new FIAT....
  5. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Welcome pankaj, nice to see another T-jet being added.

Start a ownership thread with pics :)
  6. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

Karnataka
    Congrats!!!

Many Congrats for your T-jet...its amazing car. One suggestion - its not any ordinary engine and hence you should know how to use your car's potential. Maintanence of your turbocharger is very important and run turbo when it has already reached to a certain temperature...I am sure my friend you would love to overtake any car on roads.

Drive safe...enjoy!!!
  7. carwatcher

carwatcher

Goa
    Many Thanks,
    Would be really helpful if you throw more light on Turbo maintenance part.

Thanks to all.
    Posting few pics of my T-Jet

IMG00743-20120206-1807.jpg

IMG00750-20120207-1033.jpg

IMG00751-20120207-1033.jpg

IMG00752-20120207-1033.jpg

IMG00753-20120207-1034.jpg

IMG00757-20120207-1514.jpg

IMG00756-20120207-1513.jpg

IMG00760-20120207-1659.jpg
    3 people like this.
  8. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

Karnataka

Very nice pictures....T-jet always looks great!!.

Regarding Turbo maintenance part - Just be careful in your driving. When you start the car idle it for sometime say 5 mins so that the temperature reaches optimum (please dont revv the engine). Many of us do not agree with this fact because today's car do not require any warm up. But for turbocharged cars, one of most important fact is the oil temperature. Your car is kept and and oil temperature is cool due to non operative of engine for sometime. Now the oil is thick and doesn't flow as much quickly to turbines to provide lubrication.

One of my observation regarding turbo is when the temperature indicator is at middle then your turbo boost is perfect. if the engine temperature is cool then you should not push your car too hard.
    When you reach 2000 to 2200 rpm the turbo kicks in and you can actually feel the thrust pushing you back on your seat. This time enough power is generated so even if you suddenly slow down (brakes due to speed breakers, etc.), the car can still manages to run without you change gears down. Never stop your car suddenly when the turbo is running. so what I do is, I know that I am close to my destination say a Km or so and I start slow down the speed. when you want to stop just idle for again 2-3 mins so that the turbine is cooled down before oil circulation is cut off by switching off the engine. Engine oil is lubricant as well as helps in cool down the turbine. when you suddenly switch off engine your turbine is still running at high speed and oil supply is cut off which might result in damaging the turbine blades in two way - one the lubrication from oil is not there, second - the sludge formation due to high temperature of turbine

Get your car timely serviced and get good fully synthetic oil added when you go for your first service. I prefer Shell Helix ultra (costs 4500/-). Check the wastegas pipe for any leakage during your first service.

Atleast this much you can do for your italian love right ?:car Happy motoring!!
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
  10. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

Karnataka
    This really helps...for me as well :)