1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hi all.... require your valuable suggestion...

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by raj25rakesh, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Hi All,
    I am Rakesh here… n just want to share my experience. I recently bought a new Grande Punto 90 hp though I have a perfectly working Maruti esteem. I just wanted a premium diesel hatchback n after much deliberation bought Punto 90 HP.
    The new Punto was an excellent car n I immediately fell in love with it. However my dream run was short lived as unfortunately my car met with a seemingly small accident in the parking lot. The front bumper with the intercooler was damaged. It was repaired with the claim of Insurance; however my horror started when after the repair I sensed a sharp drop in the performance of the car. The vehicle refused to go in third gear beyond 70kmph where as earlier it had no problem in reaching 100kmph in third gear. I reported this matter to workshop owner and despite working on the car four times they could not improve the acceleration much. At present the situation is as follows:
    (a) The vehicle is incapable of going to any upward slope in 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] gear, even if revved very hard. If it is in third gear and with some momentum it loses power very rapidly and does not climb in lower gears as well.
    (b) The vehicle will only climb the slope (10* to 30*) in first gear that too after revving hard. If the climb is started even in the second gear with some momentum, the vehicle does not have enough pull to go till finish line.
    (c) The acceleration in plain is better and the turbo seems to be working well although a bit late, However at the higher ranges the vehicle still fells breathless especially after 110, which was not the case earlier.
    The problem is compounded as I am in Ranikhet, Uttarakhand where there is no workshop available. I am planning to go to Delhi for a checkup again, but needless to say my faith in FIAT is greatly diminished. Wish to know if any of you know about this technical problem or worse still, any of you have faced a similar issue. Kindly also suggest me as what all options of remedy I have with FIAt authorities. As of now I guess I have to go to Consumer court if the problem persists.
    Hoping to hear some suggestions from you all….
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Raj, bad to see your first post with issues.

Have you contacted Fiat directly, if not, it is good idea to send details email to Fiat directly and involved them. And then plan to Delhi.

From where did you buy your car? Are they still servicing your Punto?
  3. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Rakesh!

Since you are from Ranikhet, you can visit I.S. Motors, Roorkee, instead of driving all the way to Delhi. They are accepting Fiat cars at least till September.
  4. Hi Prakhar,
    Thanks a ton for your reply. I was also planning initially for Roorkee, However since i have some work in Delhi, For this time i have decided to go there. Hoping that after September some dealership will arrive in haldwani as well.

Hi Sat-Chit-ananda
    Thanks for sharing the thread. Will go through every point and will let you know if it helps.

Hi Ravi,
    Thanks for replying. I am also equally disappointed to come on this forum with a set of problems. I did try to send mails to FIAT, but the mails were never delivered saying the mail boxes are full. I'm in touch with their North India service adviser and he has promised me to look into this issue again when i go to Delhi in the end of this month.
    Hoping for the best.