1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hi All-My First Car a GP

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by miteshpunjani, Jul 26, 2013.

1. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

Hi All,
    First of all thank you Administrators for inducting me into this Forum.
    I am an Architect by profession and passion. I work at L&T-S&L-Vadodara-Gujarat.

I first saw a GP when one of my friend booked it around 5 years ago. I instantly feel in love with it. No it was not an infatuation. this is proved. So after 5 years when I got a chance to have my own car, It was a GP only.

I had a plan to buy a car in Feb 2013. But since i wanted a Fiat and there were no showrooms/service centres in Vadodara i postponed my purchase. Owing to the news that FIAT-TATA JV had been dissolved and that FIAT is going to open its own Showrooms/Cafes across India, it seemed worth to wait.

Finally a FIAT showroom opened in Vadodara on 18th July by Bhaskara Automotion. They have one in Ahmedabad also. I was following the opening since long and was asked by their sales guy Mr. Nirmesh tht it would be good if I could book my car on their inauguration day itself as it would be a good memory for both of us. Since I had done a lot of websurfing on this car I was ready to book it. In the mean time also came across TEAM FIAT forum. I booked a 1.3 MJD-Dynamic-Tuscan Wine GP at 6.75 lacs.

The overall process of booking was quite satisfactory at Bhaskara. Though Nirmesh had intimated me that there is some offer on 1.3 MJD Emotion-Pearl White GP but i was not interested at that time as I felt that even after the offer it may not fit into my budget. But after taking a TD of emotion i enquired about the offer and was glad to hear that 1.3 MJD Emotion - Pearl white could be mine at 7.15 lacs and that too a 2013 engine. I negotiated and finally upgraded my booking to an Emotion GP at 7.01 lacs just yesterday. Only compromise was the shade from Tuscan Wine to Pearl White. Freebies to include Mud flaps and Mats only. I will be taking my delivery on September 03, 2013 only due to some unavoidable reasons.

But I think it is worth it.
    In the end thanks a lot to all of you for this patient reading. I know this introduction is quite long but had to write atleast this much for my first car buying experience.

Looking ahead towards suggestions from all the members.
  2. mayurshah

mayurshah Amatore

Congrat... no doubt Emotion was a good option over the color :)
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Welcome aboard and congrtats on your booking. Please post pics as soon as you get your car.
  4. limraj

limraj Superiore

Linea 1.3
    congratulations.. emotion is a wiser choice.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

welcome to TFI Mitesh :)! you did the right thing in going for emotion. white is a very good color and requires less maintenance !

I am assuming your friend booked a GP in India few years back. if yes then he would have booked the GP 4 yrs ago since it was launched in India around this time in 2009 :)
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    hi mitesh, congrats welcome to TFI .